changing microsoft live account

nischal shrestha

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
hey guys i wanted to know what things do i miss if i change my microsoft live account? thinking of using new account on new phone , or just giving a hard reset to my old phone

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
hey guys i wanted to know what things do i miss if i change my microsoft live account? thinking of using new account on new phone , or just giving a hard reset to my old phone

All your app purchases and history would be tied to the old account. So unusable if you create a new account. If however, you just want to rename it (ie change its email address in Live settings), then you would have to reset the phone and put in the new email. Purchases and things would be safe, as it's still the same account at the end of the day.

My old MS email address was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx was roughly that long, maybe longer - now it's yyyyyyyy@yyyyyyy. All I did was add it as an alias in Outlook/Hotmail (has to be a either Hotmail.co.uk, live.co.uk or outlook.com), and made it the primary address, removing the old one. Works perfectly.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The only thing you will miss is everything connected with your old account :) Depending on the issue you have, you might have to choose the course of action and usually it is to keep the existing account and reset the phone is the most common

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3