620 keeps forgetting my music...

Regosaki

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone/B]

My Lumia 620 keeps losing my album info and songs from my media player, does this happen to other users of this product or am I unfortunate enough to own the worlds most retarded "Smart phone"?

This is my first smart phone, and I have to say, all the trouble I have had with it so far makes me crave those happy days of my Sony Erikson w 995i which I had for nearly 5 years and it didnt let me down once, it kept ALL my music AND pictures and didn't ONCE make me want to scream and throw it out of the window!

Please advise me regarding this "forgetting" my music issue, as the main reason I have this cursed thing is to play my music whilst at the gym, if it can't do that then I am going to be forced to use it as a doorstop or paper weight.

What a shoddy bit of kit this is....HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::devil:

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Right can you please tell me how do you add your music to your phone
like do you sync the music with your phone using windows media player or do you just copy paste them to the sd card

Regosaki

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Right can you please tell me how do you add your music to your phone
like do you sync the music with your phone using windows media player or do you just copy paste them to the sd card

I sync them using my media player? The strangest thing of all is, it forgets random albums/artists. each time it does it (which is almost daily) it will remove different ones? It has me utterly baffled, when I plug my phone into my laptop and go to reload them it tells me that they are already on the phone but it has just lost the album info and track listing. really strange?

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Seems so
Assuming that you are saving to the sd card can you tell the make and class of the sd card and i may recommend that you format and try again providing that you have made a backup of important files you have saved to sd and that applications are not installed on it

Regosaki

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Seems so
Assuming that you are saving to the sd card can you tell the make and class of the sd card and i may recommend that you format and try again providing that you have made a backup of important files you have saved to sd and that applications are not installed on it

It's a sandisk 32 gb sd card I have wiped it clean and am in the process of reloading my music onto it....Fingers crossed.

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
yea and to make sure that the problem is not with xbox music you might as well install a music player call musik its a alternative music player to xbox music so its better to install it and confirm whether is this a problem with xbox music or not but for now fingers crossed

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
thats why is called a "windows" phone
youll be tempted to throw it on the window lolz :winktongue: jk!

anyways, how about trying using another brand of SD card? then prior to installing anything into it, reformat your SD card through your phone
now when you hooked your phone to your PC (after reformatting), you can see, itll create subfolders for camera roll, saved pictures, podcast, music, etc.

now the thing is, on my part, ive saved all my musics in my SD card drive, and not on the phone drive, which also has subfolders, ive also foldered my music based on my genre or their type

now, after saving my (foldered) music in the music folder of the SD card, try right-clicking your foldered musics and then choose "create playlist"
now to make sure all of this is saved, unhooked your phone from the PC and try restarting your phone again
go again to your music hub and check your playlist and all :wink:

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
- Download the files app and browse it to see if your music is still located on the SD card. This is to ascertain whether or not the phone deleted the music, or the default music app simply fails to read the music. You need Windows Phone 8 or higher to use the files app. It's on the store; it's just called 'Files'. I suggest this step, because quite simply the files app will tell you if your songs are still there, and the player software might be having trouble reading it for some reason.

- Some SD cards are known to have problems with certain phones. Have you tried putting some music on a different brand of SD card and seeing if that exhibits the same problems? I've heard of problems with some of the SanDisks in particular.

- Try a third-party music app; the store has plenty around.

- Which Media Player are you using to sync your music? Windows Phone 7 uses Zune, but Windows Phone 8 and above supports directly syncing by moving files to the phone using explorer like you would any other USB stick, OR the 'windows phone app for desktop'. I would not use any other methods to sync music; it's always safer to stick to supported, official methods.

- The problem most likely lies with the SD card. The Xbox Music app has been notorious in the past for messing around with playlists and stuff, but the later versions are a lot more stable, but the music app could still be the culprit. Is your music app updated to the latest version or are you still using the version that came with the phone?

- What format is your music in? I'm guessing .mp3, but are you able to find any other details out? If I right click my .mp3s on my music player and hit 'properties' (I'm using Foobar2k) it says LAME3.99r for mp3 (I encode all my mp3s myself from lossless as I get to choose my own bitrate and encoder)

Regosaki

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It's at it again! It's as if it knows I am going to the gym... Today it wiped ALL my music again. After 10 minutes of stupidly shouting at my phone for being a mong, I decided to take the sd card out, pop it into an adapter and slip it in my laptop, when I did, sure enough there was ALL my music, yet when I put the sd card back in the phone there was no music on it? This is really baffling, I totally hate this phone and cannot wait for the day when I can ceremonially set it on fire and dance around it doing the pixie dance! Never buying Nokia again!!!

Regosaki

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Just for the record I thought I'd let you know that this phone has just done it again!!! Just about to head off to work and ALL my music files are gone! I have tried downloading other media players but this doesn't help! This phone is utterly useless! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING GETTING THIS PHONE, EITHER FOR YOURSELF OR A LOVED ONE, PLEASE HEED MY WORDS....DON'T DO IT! THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER RELIABLE MODELS OUT THERE DO NOT BUY A NOKIA! YOU'D BE BETTER OFF WITH 2 PAPER CUPS ATTACHED TOGETHER WITH STRING!!! THIS PHONE SUCKS...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett