MB app (download) limit for 512mb devices?

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry!!!!
There is no limit.
Yeah but of you are using mobile network to download apps and updates. Then max size is 100 mb.
And of you are using Wi-Fi then no limit.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
i mean, in downloading apps, whats the maximum MB for a 512 device to store?

be it games or other applications a low memory device can store(?)

Mo3tasm

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
If you mean "how many" apps can be stored, that depends on how much storage the device has... like 8 or 16 GB, (not sure if there're 32 GB devices with 512 MB of RAM)...

Sorry, I forgot about SD cards, they too can store apps...

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
sorry, my english is bad but i am not referring to data plan or wifi
what i mean is what is the maximum app size (MB) for a 512 phone able to store?

so that when i browse an app in the store and see the app's MB size, i will know if i will be able to store it on my 512 phone

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
sorry, my english is bad but i am not referring to data plan or wifi
what i mean is what is the maximum app size (MB) for a 512 phone able to store?

so that when i browse an app in the store and see the app's MB size, i will know if i will be able to store it on my 512 phone

there is no size limit. the amount of RAM a phone has does not affect it.
You are limited solely by:
available phone memory (some have more than others, e.g. the HTC 8S has 4 GB while the Lumia 920 has 32)
available SD card memory (on WP 8.1 and above) where you can throw in a 128 GB card and call it a day.

you can monitor those via Storage Sense in WP 8.1 and phone storage in 8.0

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There are two different things you seem to be confusing:

Phone storage (typically 8GB, 16GB or 32GB)

Phone RAM (typically 512 MB, 1GB or 2GB)

You are asking about the later, RAM. Both are sometimes referred to as just "memory", but that is incorrect. Only RAM is memory. Storage is not memory. RAM (Random Access Memory) has no bearing on the size of any file you can download, which is why people are telling you there is no limit... as long as the file can fit into storage you'll be fine.

nufcfanatic

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry!!!!
There is no limit.
Yeah but of you are using mobile network to download apps and updates. Then max size is 100 mb.
And of you are using Wi-Fi then no limit.

Are you using the official (cyan)? Because my 620 after finally get updated from wp 8.1.1 pfd to cyan today, it won't download apps/games larger than 20mb, it says waiting for wi-fi. Is there anything i can do to fix this issue?

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, at the configuration list check on ur SIM submenu to be able to use mobile data instead of just wifi
but it will consume data from your phone account and that depends on the plan you have on ur sim...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the official (cyan)? Because my 620 after finally get updated from wp 8.1.1 pfd to cyan today, it won't download apps/games larger than 20mb, it says waiting for wi-fi. Is there anything i can do to fix this issue?

I'm assuming you have cellular data turned on, otherwise you wouldn't be able to download anything over cellular.

Windows Phone allows you to download up to 50MB without WiFi, however, there is speculation that carriers have the ability to lower that limit to whatever they want. I don't know of any carrier in my country that does this, but maybe in yours?

See this.

nufcfanatic

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
a5cent

My wp store is now showing "download over wifi" even when the app size is 27mb. It didn't happen when it run 8.1.1 pfd. Are you using official cyan firmware? If yes, then please would you open the store on your phone and check if the apps larger than 20mb require wifi to download. Please i want to know if i'm the only one

nufcfanatic

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, at the configuration list check on ur SIM submenu to be able to use mobile data instead of just wifi
but it will consume data from your phone account and that depends on the plan you have on ur sim...

Will give it a try, ty for the suggestion

Edit: Where is this 'SIM Submenu'? Under settings>cellular+SIM>SIM Settings? I can't find any option to use 'mobile data instead of just wifi' as you said

Last edited:

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You have the roaming menu and right below it its "for limited wifi conectivity" menu. There u can choose to use or not mobile data. I cant add a screenshot using the wp app? 😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077