Is facebook installed part of update 8.10.12400.899 after Cyan?

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't use facebook. I don't like facebook. I think everybody should stop using it.

So, I don't have any facebook app on my Lumia 620. Well, until a few minutes ago, an "facebook update" appeared on my updates. So, I would love to know 2 things:

- who installed facebook app? You can be pretty sure it wasn't me....
- it was not me, so, do I have to expect "more" apps are secretly installed?

Thanks.

Received 8.10.14176.243 today. Lumia 620 from Vodafone Portugal, now unlocked.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
When I first turned on my Lumia or if I hard it, the app is there by default along with Skype and a plethora of Lumia app. If it's not pinned, then it's in the app list.

It's possible that it came with Cyan, I couldn't say. But in my case anyway, it's there by default. Just uninstall it and you won't get bugged with it again (unless you hard reset your phone).

My guess is, given the Facebook app is made by Microsoft, they put it there by default given the majority of users have a Facebook account.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

I uninstalled it now, checked for updates and glad it didn't say to update the face****. The ***** who decided that fakebook would be installed automatically should be fired!

So my advice is to check carefully all programs and look with full attention for the updates.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
update because title is wrong as it is not 12400.899 but what is next:

Current version is 8.10.14176.243. Lumia 620 from Vodafone Portugal, now unlocked. Cyan update.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Facebook is installed together with the Bin...Opps. I mean MSN Apps from Microsoft. Do not worry about it. It will remain dormant unless you use it. If you dont like it just uninstall it. No need to panic and freak out. Enjoy your 8.1 Update. :)

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Facebook is installed together with the Bin...Opps. I mean MSN Apps from Microsoft. Do not worry about it. It will remain dormant unless you use it. If you dont like it just uninstall it. No need to panic and freak out. Enjoy your 8.1 Update. :)

No MSN nor BING was installed. Check this now. So, it was only face**** that was installed and I don't use it, never installed, never will install nor use that crap.

And I don't have any problem with Google or Microsoft or almost any other company who could collect info about me. I never close my google sessions but I almost daily check for fakebook cookies and apps.

But hey, wish best of luck to whom use that piece of crap and accepts to participate in they psicology experiencies.

I don't have any kind of social app on the phone but I have a Twitter account in the pc.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
No MSN nor BING was installed. Check this now. So, it was only face**** that was installed and I don't use it, never installed, never will install nor use that crap.

And I don't have any problem with Google or Microsoft or almost any other company who could collect info about me. I never close my google sessions but I almost daily check for fakebook cookies and apps.

But hey, wish best of luck to whom use that piece of crap and accepts to participate in they psicology experiencies.

I don't have any kind of social app on the phone but I have a Twitter account in the pc.

Although I understand your frustration against Facebook (I never swallowed that psychological experiment either), if you have a Google profile and the Google app installed on your phone, Google knows far more stuff on you than Facebook ever could. Although Facebook is catching up, it will never have your search history and what you put on Google or Microsoft services. The amount of information Google has on an individual is asinine. Just saying.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
it's quite easy, just uninstall it... at least WP users don't need to root the device or some crap like that like Android users to uninstall stuff OEMs shove into the OS... and yes, other apps come as default, like Here apps and App Social.

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
it came preinstalled for me along with the MSN apps and Skype + some Nokia apps and Zinio when I flashed Cyan to my Nokia Lumia 620 after it came in the mail. I assume the store automatically installs missing apps. (Note that this was on the Canadian TELUS ROM, but I'd assume other ones just don't come with Zinio)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I had the same. Had Facebook Beta already installed and after the update facebook suddenly installed itself as well.. I was quite surprised but well. uninstalled it and kept facebook beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077