How do I connect my Nokia Lumia 620 to my PC?

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 not getting connected to PC

Hi guys,
I am facing a couple of issues with my Nokia Lumia 620 and i want you'll to help me resolve these issues.
The first issue i am facing is connecting my phone to my PC running windows 8 pro x86.
After updating to cyan, my PC failed to detect my phone{But my phone is charging once connected to PC}.First i thought it was a driver issue, so i reinstalled the drivers but failed to connect. So i tried using a different PC/USB Cable combination but no luck. I even did a factory reset but there was no luck.
I have already posted regarding this issue: How do I connect my Nokia Lumia 620 to my PC?

I even discussed regarding this in the Microsoft community Forum: Nokia Lumia 620 not getting connected to PC - Microsoft Community

But even after trying all the valuable suggestion the problem persist.

The second issue i am facing is regarding battery.
I am getting roughly around 4-5hrs battery backup on full charge.
I am facing this issue after updating to cyan.

Before updating to cyan i was on Dev Prev and was not able to update to cyan because Microsoft was paused seeding Cyan to Dev Prev devices due to Bitlocker and some other issues.
Please guide me as this is my only Windows phone.I don't have a secondary windows phone or WP.1 device for that matter.
Please help me as i am suffering from "Nomophobia".

Last edited by a moderator:

kenovi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

i have the same issue too for my Lumia 620. it is not recognised by win7 pc via usb. i have no problem connecting lumia 1520 to the same pc. what went wrong?

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

i have the same issue too for my Lumia 620. it is not recognised by win7 pc via usb. i have no problem connecting lumia 1520 to the same pc. what went wrong?
I noticed that the battery is draining fast so i decided to do a hard reset.I wanted to backup my stuff before hard reset so i connected my phone PC to discover that its not getting detected:(..
Did u resolve your issue??

styeffo69

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

Had the same issue and read that taking the Sd card may help, it did!

However reinserting the card brought the same issue, UNTIL i formatted it again with the same phone.....then plugged it back in with same USB and it was fine, hope that helps!

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Had the same issue and read that taking the Sd card may help, it did!

However reinserting the card brought the same issue, UNTIL i formatted it again with the same phone.....then plugged it back in with same USB and it was fine, hope that helps!
I tried without memory card but no luck.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site

This may be due to driver in your PC.
Right click my computer and select manage and then find driver for you phone delete them and restart your PC reconnect your phone.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

This may be due to driver in your PC.
Right click my computer and select manage and then find driver for you phone delete them and restart your PC reconnect your phone.
Already tried it..but the phone is not listed under device manager ,portable devices or any other category for that matter. Even reinstalled windows phone drivers,tried Nokia software recovery tools but no luck.I guess its better to handover it to Nokia Care.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Now I am facing another problem, My phone is getting discharged very fast.
I charged it to 100% and within 6hrs the battery percentage dropped to 0%(Phone turned OFF automatically due to low battery).
Please Help!!

SOCMOB

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Do you have the Windows Phone app installed on your pc? I don't know whether it will make a difference for you, but I use that app and Windows 8.1 on my pc, and my Lumia 620 and 521 both are recognized fine.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Do you have the Windows Phone app installed on your pc? I don't know whether it will make a difference for you, but I use that app and Windows 8.1 on my pc, and my Lumia 620 and 521 both are recognized fine.
yes i have the windows phone app.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I Don't Know What To Do Now :'(

The lumia 620 has a poor battery (1300mAh) for what it can do. Also try deleting the use drivers for the device while your 620 is plugged in.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

The lumia 620 has a poor battery (1300mAh) for what it can do. Also try deleting the use drivers for the device while your 620 is plugged in.
I tried it but it does not seem to connect and regarding battery life:
wp_ss_20131207_0001.png
This is an old screen shot but ya i was still getting a similar battery backup before cyan.

Last edited:

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Just a thought, sometimes it takes a really long time to get discovered by a PC. Like my 520, for example, once took 15 min to get picked up! So try waiting it out and see what happens. Hopefully it will work. Best of luck :)

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Just a thought, sometimes it takes a really long time to get discovered by a PC. Like my 520, for example, once took 15 min to get picked up! So try waiting it out and see what happens. Hopefully it will work. Best of luck :)
Yeah sometimes it's installing drivers

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

In cyan you have the option to select what your phone does when you connect a USB.. Under All settings-> USB select the "ask me before using USB data" our something like this so when you connect to the PC it'll ask you what to do... Good luck pal..

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

In cyan you have the option to select what your phone does when you connect a USB.. Under All settings-> USB select the "ask me before using USB data" our something like this so when you connect to the PC it'll ask you what to do... Good luck pal..
I am unable to find "Usb select " option under settings.Is that feature available for US only??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky