Is my Lumia 620 dead?

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This morning my phone's battery was close to zero, after I thought I had charged it all night.

At work I tried to charge it but would get odd behaviour... as if it was attempting to charge and then restart, over and over again.

I found some advice that suggested that the battery was lose, and to add some paper to help perk it up a bit. This seems to have done the trick as the phone no starts.

However, after I swipe up the locked screen and type the passcode, I get... a blank black screen. I can see the icons at the top but no tiles. I can't swipe to the right either and Cortana doesn't work.

Any ideas?

PS My power button is long gone so I can't do a factory reset either (and I can't access the settings of course)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I remember once in a blue moon my 920 does that.

I don't remember what I've done specifically, but I think it goes away. However, repairing your power button is still something I highly recommend to be able to perform soft resets and actually turn the phone off.

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, there is a glimmer of hope then.

I've tried to fix the power button but will give it another go if the phone revives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism