Lumia 620 lost ringer, ringtones and app sounds after update to Denim.

Gordon Thompson

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Following upgrade to Denim on my 620, I have no ringer, no ringtone sounds, (although the selection is still there, albeit soundless), and there is no sound on video clips, maps or Cortana. The upgrade was via usb lead to my windows 8.1 pc. I've tried soft and hard resets and also the Nokia recovery tool, all to no avail. The phone sends/rcvs e-mails and can be used to make/receive calls but with no ringer or sound on apps, its pretty useless as a phone. How can I get full sound functionality back, Denim or no Denim?
PS I'm 69 yrs old, so bear with me if I have transgressed etiquette with this post, I'm new to this stuff!
GT

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You state: "The upgrade was via usb lead to my windows 8.1 pc."

Did you use a program to load the OS manually onto your device?

Gordon Thompson

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. I used the Nokia software recovery tool as recommended and followed the on screen instructions. This appears to be pretty much automated, and needed no input from me other than patience.
If its any help, the problem appears to be that the sound on/off slider control in Settings/Ringtones has vanished. This leaves the phone with the sound switched off for most apps and I cannot find how to restore this feature. Perhaps I need to wipe and reinstall Denim?

Gordon Thompson

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Harry-S.
I'll try that suggestion and let you know if it works. Such a shame that a decent phone is wrecked by a well meant update.
Gordon Thompson

mika2210

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my lumia - I have installed SysApp pusher, but I dont know what to do with it...
Could you please help me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos