denim for lumia 620

sans38

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Almost all the countries (except India) from asia pacific received Lumia Denim update..when this update is coming to India over OTA

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Almost all the countries (except India) from asia pacific received Lumia Denim update..when this update is coming to India over OTA

So if it was the other way around than it would be okay? Please be " happy" that they already have it and do not "blame" them of having it.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

well, denim doesn't bring anything special to low end devices, Hardly its just a name changer, no improvements !!!! so chill out !!!

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The only new thing I've see on my 620 that Denim brought was live folders on the start screen. But, that's not part of the firmware, rather 8.1.1, which you could get with the preview for developers.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The only new thing I've see on my 620 that Denim brought was live folders on the start screen. But, that's not part of the firmware, rather 8.1.1, which you could get with the preview for developers.

What about call+sms filter, vpn settings, battery saver, use of gestures beta, app corner, ...
But indeed these are not firmware related.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Quit whining and just get pfd like I did.
Btw every single firmware update ever released since the 620 launch came last to 620 in India.
In fact u should have seen back in the Amber days when there was no pfd and a certain batch of 620s including mine were stuck on Portico for 2 months since the official ota started seeding in the country. They had to then push a separate update to fix it and I ended up getting Amber on my phone in mid November...
That's why I jumped to pfd as soon as it came available and the situation now is not even half as bad as it used to be then.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
What about call+sms filter, vpn settings, battery saver, use of gestures beta, app corner, ...
But indeed these are not firmware related.

I love in Pakistan and just updated my 620 to denim yesterday. It may not have many new features but it still has some new features and settings, tweaks and bug fixes and I'm grateful for what I got.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey Athull! did u get denim on your Lumia 620?? I am still stuck on cyan:(

Actually ur on denim already if u got pfd.
620 denim is identical to pfd version in every which way as denim doesn't bring any new features or firmware apart from WP 8.1.1 update that pfd users already have.
You can just uncheck urself from preview and check extras+ info it will now show as denim :D

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually ur on denim already if u got pfd.
620 denim is identical to pfd version in every which way as denim doesn't bring any new features or firmware apart from WP 8.1.1 update that pfd users already have.
You can just uncheck urself from preview and check extras+ info it will now show as denim :D
I am on PFD, but my phone showed "cyan" under extras and info.But after updating extras and info,it showed "denim". I thought it was a bug and therefore did a hard reset.To my surprise my phone showed "cyan" again.
I verified the OS and firmware version (OS 8.10.14219.341 Firmware 3058.50000.1425.0001) and according to these numbers i am officially on Denim.
Ever since i updated to cyan in Oct'14 i am facing a lots of issues.http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ow-do-i-connect-my-nokia-lumia-620-my-pc.html

Last edited:

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I am on PFD, but my phone showed "cyan" under extras and info.But after updating extras and info,it showed "denim". I thought it was a bug and therefore did a hard reset.To my surprise my phone showed "cyan" again.
I verified the OS and firmware version (OS 8.10.14219.341 Firmware 3058.50000.1425.0001) and according to these numbers i am officially on Denim.
Ever since i updated to cyan in Oct'14 i am facing a lots of issues.http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ow-do-i-connect-my-nokia-lumia-620-my-pc.html

Same problem with me. When I start check for updates (both enable/disable PFD) its show your phone is up to date. Now my firmware version is (3058.50000.1425.10479)
please help how to I get the update?
And anyone use Lumia 620 PFD in India? Are you update your phone to Lumia denim???

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with me. When I start check for updates (both enable/disable PFD) its show your phone is up to date. Now my firmware version is (3058.50000.1425.10479)
please help how to I get the update?
And anyone use Lumia 620 PFD in India? Are you update your phone to Lumia denim???

Will you pls read my comment above? There is no real denim for 620 its just the OS update which the pfd users have already.
If u want denim for the sake of seeing denim in extras+info then unenroll from pfd and check extras+info.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Will you pls read my comment above? There is no real denim for 620 its just the OS update which the pfd users have already.
If u want denim for the sake of seeing denim in extras+info then unenroll from pfd and check extras+info.

thanks for quick reply.
But MS say its a extras+info bug. Why???

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the denim update on my 620... I was on PFD. Guys you need to get it through nokia phone recovery tool, since the PFD users are not getting OTA update( i don't know why). This is the only way. The denim update for 620 has been launched in India.
Once you do the nokia recovery thing you will still be on cyan >> then go to check for updates and you'll recieve the denim notification. Trust me follow this.." I repeat PFD users are not getting it.... you have to go back to the original state to get the update"

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I got the denim update on my 620... I was on PFD. Guys you need to get it through nokia phone recovery tool, since the PFD users are not getting OTA update( i don't know why). This is the only way. The denim update for 620 has been launched in India.
Once you do the nokia recovery thing you will still be on cyan >> then go to check for updates and you'll recieve the denim notification. Trust me follow this.." I repeat PFD users are not getting it.... you have to go back to the original state to get the update"
And what exactly changed for u after u downloaded Denim?
There's no change whatsoever for a PFD user in getting denim. If u did download it through software recovery tool then what u did basically was downloading the same!e OS and firmware again that u had and as a result losing all ur data for nothing...

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
And what exactly changed for u after u downloaded Denim?
There's no change whatsoever for a PFD user in getting denim. If u did download it through software recovery tool then what u did basically was downloading the same!e OS and firmware again that u had and as a result losing all ur data for nothing...
I had to use the nokia recovery coz it was bricked...and as far as data loss is concerned there is a thing called backup, so the phone was restored as it was. I agree with you that there were no new features but it has become smooth and glitch free and I'm not reverting it back to PFD. :) PS: I have a lumia 730 too which also prefer not to keep on PFD coz original is way more smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte