03-03-2015 03:17 PM
33 12
tools
    Almost all the countries (except India) from asia pacific received Lumia Denim update..when this update is coming to India over OTA
    02-03-2015 05:45 AM
    It'll be ready when it's ready. Future release dates are not published.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-03-2015 05:47 AM
    Almost all the countries (except India) from asia pacific received Lumia Denim update..when this update is coming to India over OTA
    So if it was the other way around than it would be okay? Please be " happy" that they already have it and do not "blame" them of having it.
    02-03-2015 05:53 AM
    well, denim doesn't bring anything special to low end devices, Hardly its just a name changer, no improvements !!!! so chill out !!!
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-03-2015 05:56 AM
    The only new thing I've see on my 620 that Denim brought was live folders on the start screen. But, that's not part of the firmware, rather 8.1.1, which you could get with the preview for developers.
    02-07-2015 10:34 AM
    The only new thing I've see on my 620 that Denim brought was live folders on the start screen. But, that's not part of the firmware, rather 8.1.1, which you could get with the preview for developers.
    What about call+sms filter, vpn settings, battery saver, use of gestures beta, app corner, ...
    But indeed these are not firmware related.
    Fire 29 likes this.
    02-07-2015 10:48 AM
    Quit whining and just get pfd like I did.
    Btw every single firmware update ever released since the 620 launch came last to 620 in India.
    In fact u should have seen back in the Amber days when there was no pfd and a certain batch of 620s including mine were stuck on Portico for 2 months since the official ota started seeding in the country. They had to then push a separate update to fix it and I ended up getting Amber on my phone in mid November...
    That's why I jumped to pfd as soon as it came available and the situation now is not even half as bad as it used to be then.
    02-07-2015 10:49 AM
    What about call+sms filter, vpn settings, battery saver, use of gestures beta, app corner, ...
    But indeed these are not firmware related.

I love in Pakistan and just updated my 620 to denim yesterday. It may not have many new features but it still has some new features and settings, tweaks and bug fixes and I'm grateful for what I got.
    02-22-2015 12:30 AM
    Anyone successfully updated their Lumia 620 to denim?? I haven't received the update yet. Do i need to disable PFD??
    02-23-2015 08:28 AM
    Hey Athull! did u get denim on your Lumia 620?? I am still stuck on cyan:(
    02-24-2015 10:00 AM
    Hey Athull! did u get denim on your Lumia 620?? I am still stuck on cyan:(
    Actually ur on denim already if u got pfd.
    620 denim is identical to pfd version in every which way as denim doesn't bring any new features or firmware apart from WP 8.1.1 update that pfd users already have.
    You can just uncheck urself from preview and check extras+ info it will now show as denim :D
    02-27-2015 08:57 AM
    Actually ur on denim already if u got pfd.
    620 denim is identical to pfd version in every which way as denim doesn't bring any new features or firmware apart from WP 8.1.1 update that pfd users already have.
    You can just uncheck urself from preview and check extras+ info it will now show as denim :D
    I am on PFD, but my phone showed "cyan" under extras and info.But after updating extras and info,it showed "denim". I thought it was a bug and therefore did a hard reset.To my surprise my phone showed "cyan" again.
    I verified the OS and firmware version (OS 8.10.14219.341 Firmware 3058.50000.1425.0001) and according to these numbers i am officially on Denim.
    Ever since i updated to cyan in Oct'14 i am facing a lots of issues.http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...620-my-pc.html
    Last edited by Raviraj Halarnekar; 03-01-2015 at 01:37 AM.
    02-28-2015 11:14 PM
    I am on PFD, but my phone showed "cyan" under extras and info.But after updating extras and info,it showed "denim". I thought it was a bug and therefore did a hard reset.To my surprise my phone showed "cyan" again.
    I verified the OS and firmware version (OS 8.10.14219.341 Firmware 3058.50000.1425.0001) and according to these numbers i am officially on Denim.
    Ever since i updated to cyan in Oct'14 i am facing a lots of issues.http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...620-my-pc.html
    Same problem with me. When I start check for updates (both enable/disable PFD) its show your phone is up to date. Now my firmware version is (3058.50000.1425.10479)
    please help how to I get the update?
    And anyone use Lumia 620 PFD in India? Are you update your phone to Lumia denim???
    03-01-2015 11:05 AM
    Same problem with me. When I start check for updates (both enable/disable PFD) its show your phone is up to date. Now my firmware version is (3058.50000.1425.10479)
    please help how to I get the update?
    And anyone use Lumia 620 PFD in India? Are you update your phone to Lumia denim???
    Will you pls read my comment above? There is no real denim for 620 its just the OS update which the pfd users have already.
    If u want denim for the sake of seeing denim in extras+info then unenroll from pfd and check extras+info.
    03-01-2015 11:14 AM
    Will you pls read my comment above? There is no real denim for 620 its just the OS update which the pfd users have already.
    If u want denim for the sake of seeing denim in extras+info then unenroll from pfd and check extras+info.
    thanks for quick reply.
    But MS say its a extras+info bug. Why???
    03-01-2015 11:20 AM
    thanks for quick reply.
    But MS say its a extras+info bug. Why???
    For 930/1520 etc.. It is a bug since they do get new features and gfirmware with denim. But with most of the others its no different from getting real denim.
    03-01-2015 09:48 PM
    I got the denim update on my 620... I was on PFD. Guys you need to get it through nokia phone recovery tool, since the PFD users are not getting OTA update( i don't know why). This is the only way. The denim update for 620 has been launched in India.
    Once you do the nokia recovery thing you will still be on cyan >> then go to check for updates and you'll recieve the denim notification. Trust me follow this.." I repeat PFD users are not getting it.... you have to go back to the original state to get the update"
    03-01-2015 09:54 PM
    I got the denim update on my 620... I was on PFD. Guys you need to get it through nokia phone recovery tool, since the PFD users are not getting OTA update( i don't know why). This is the only way. The denim update for 620 has been launched in India.
    Once you do the nokia recovery thing you will still be on cyan >> then go to check for updates and you'll recieve the denim notification. Trust me follow this.." I repeat PFD users are not getting it.... you have to go back to the original state to get the update"
    And what exactly changed for u after u downloaded Denim?
    There's no change whatsoever for a PFD user in getting denim. If u did download it through software recovery tool then what u did basically was downloading the same!e OS and firmware again that u had and as a result losing all ur data for nothing...
    03-02-2015 12:10 AM
    And what exactly changed for u after u downloaded Denim?
    There's no change whatsoever for a PFD user in getting denim. If u did download it through software recovery tool then what u did basically was downloading the same!e OS and firmware again that u had and as a result losing all ur data for nothing...
    I had to use the nokia recovery coz it was bricked...and as far as data loss is concerned there is a thing called backup, so the phone was restored as it was. I agree with you that there were no new features but it has become smooth and glitch free and I'm not reverting it back to PFD. :) PS: I have a lumia 730 too which also prefer not to keep on PFD coz original is way more smooth.
    03-02-2015 01:11 AM
    That Mean Lumia denim for lumia 620 OTA update is not released yet.
    03-02-2015 03:50 AM
    That Mean Lumia denim for lumia 620 OTA update is not released yet.
    It's is released but not for those who are on developer preview...
    03-02-2015 03:55 AM
    It's is released but not for those who are on developer preview...
    ok no problem. This is not a important update so i wait for it......
    03-02-2015 03:59 AM
    I had to use the nokia recovery coz it was bricked...and as far as data loss is concerned there is a thing called backup, so the phone was restored as it was. I agree with you that there were no new features but it has become smooth and glitch free and I'm not reverting it back to PFD. :) PS: I have a lumia 730 too which also prefer not to keep on PFD coz original is way more smooth.
    It became smoother cos basically what happened is a hard reset/factory restore which will always fix all the glitches or general performance issues. Other than that denim has identical firmware and software to pfd so it can't do anything new for a pfd user.
    03-02-2015 06:02 AM
    It became smoother cos basically what happened is a hard reset/factory restore which will always fix all the glitches or general performance issues. Other than that denim has identical firmware and software to pfd so it can't do anything new for a pfd user.
    Bhai mere phone ki gand lag gayi thi ....kharaab ho gaya tha ...isliye recovery tool use kia thaa.. Mera bhi mann nahin tha karne ka ..par kar lia ..maaf karde ab mujhe!!
    03-02-2015 06:29 AM
    Bhai mere phone ki gand lag gayi thi ....kharaab ho gaya tha ...isliye recovery tool use kia thaa.. Mera bhi mann nahin tha karne ka ..par kar lia ..maaf karde ab mujhe!!
    Is that Hindi? I am sorry but I don't speak Hindi.... And I dont think u can use other languages than English in the forum.
    03-02-2015 07:19 AM
33 12