Screen random freezing,have to lock/unlock to fix?

SlobodanNesic

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok,I bought Lumia 620 2 days ago and I already have a problem.Screen freezes randomly and i have to lock/unlock it for to work.My OS Version is now 8.0.10517.150.
Will updating phone to new version will fix it or make it worse?is there any trick to fix this?
I am from Bosnia but phone came with region set at UK,so could that cause it?
I cant return this phone,so that is not an option.
So any ideas?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok,I bought Lumia 620 2 days ago and I already have a problem.Screen freezes randomly and i have to lock/unlock it for to work.My OS Version is now 8.0.10517.150.
Will updating phone to new version will fix it or make it worse?is there any trick to fix this?
I am from Bosnia but phone came with region set at UK,so could that cause it?
I cant return this phone,so that is not an option.
So any ideas?
Use the Lumia software recovery tool and flash the latest version available for your device. Trust me...updates are meant to improve issues not create them..hence I would recomend you to update the device to the latest version through OTA update or use the Lumia software recovery tool.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=JwvrA3YA

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I can update it through Settings-Update phone?I will get every single one of them if it helps :)
Yea...you can.. after updating your device with the latest build your device should perform normally...actually would you like to share with us...as to why did you opt for a so old hardware (Lumia 620) considering the numerous options avaiable which was more better with upgraded and new hardware...as MSFT did a lot to take care of mid range devices, such as Lumia 535, 625, 630 525 etc....these phone rocked the emerging markets in the mid tier device segment!

Sarmad Khalil

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Have Lumia 620 for the past year and a half... Fantastic device as a whole... But this bug is super annoying...and what i figured out is when the screen gets wet, or sticky, or the screen protector is out of order, this usually happens...
Work around is shut down your screen, clean it and u r ready to go...

SlobodanNesic

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Yea...you can.. after updating your device with the latest build your device should perform normally...actually would you like to share with us...as to why did you opt for a so old hardware (Lumia 620) considering the numerous options avaiable which was more better with upgraded and new hardware...as MSFT did a lot to take care of mid range devices, such as Lumia 535, 625, 630 525 etc....these phone rocked the emerging markets in the mid tier device segment!

I was on rly small budget,had a low range android and wanted to try out WP.Will update the phone tomorrow to latest version and will share the result with you afterwards :)
And how to clean screen good?What to use?Cant use water lol

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Have Lumia 620 for the past year and a half... Fantastic device as a whole... But this bug is super annoying...and what i figured out is when the screen gets wet, or sticky, or the screen protector is out of order, this usually happens...
Work around is shut down your screen, clean it and u r ready to go...

My 620 also sometimes freezes randomly. And the most often this happens is when the screen gets wet or when it gets sticky due to sweat.
Locking and unlocking the screen returns it to normal.
I've learned to tackle and ignore this bug after some time.
It could also be because of too many apps running in the background. You could go in the battery saver and disallow some apps that run in the background.
Also after updating my 620 to denim, I've noticed that this bug happens less often now but it could just be a fluke.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I was on rly small budget,had a low range android and wanted to try out WP.Will update the phone tomorrow to latest version and will share the result with you afterwards :)
And how to clean screen good?What to use?Cant use water lol

A specific cloth for cleaning the screen comes with the box.

SlobodanNesic

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I have updated to 8.10.14219.341,will get last update tomorrow. Performance of the phone is the same,love the new features,but screen still freezes randomly,but a bit less from what I see.Locking/Unlocking still solves it.Double tap to wake up is not working for some reason,i set it on and lock my phone,tap twice and nothing happens.Cortana is working good.Game performance is still the same.So there is no way to fix that lag/freezing?Oh man,guess I have to live with that,hope i will start to notice it less.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
It occurs sometime when I use/open some apps and send it to background. I tweak some setting in Battery Saver and set "Allow app run in background" to off, and set battery saver to off too. This issue appear to be in 520 too. I think it's because of hardware can't process more task.
But if touch still freezing even after lock-and-unlock it mostly because there is some moisture or water on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb