Lumia 620 bricked using software recovery tool. How can I save it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 620 bricked using software recovery tool.

Hi

My phone is nastily bricked.

I was installing the update to Windows 10 technical preview, when the phone randomly rebooted (this is an old phone, and it does do that sometimes) this bricked the phone and stopped it from booting into anything at all.

So, I tried using the software recovery tool to set it back up and it was going okay until the same thing happened again, meaning the recovery tool stopped. Now, when I turn the phone on all I get is the nokia logo on a red background, and the recovery tool says when I try to run it, 'reading phone info failed - product code is empty.' I've tried doing a hard reset (holding power and volume down) and i just ended up with the same thing, nothing changed.

Is there anything I can do at this point, or is this phone dead for good? It's not my current phone, it's my last one, so it's not the end of the world. Just a little dissapointing since I can't use the Technical Preview...

It's a 620

Thanks very much

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 620 bricked using software recovery tool.

Hi

My phone is nastily bricked.

I was installing the update to Windows 10 technical preview, when the phone randomly rebooted (this is an old phone, and it does do that sometimes) this bricked the phone and stopped it from booting into anything at all.

So, I tried using the software recovery tool to set it back up and it was going okay until the same thing happened again, meaning the recovery tool stopped. Now, when I turn the phone on all I get is the nokia logo on a red background, and the recovery tool says when I try to run it, 'reading phone info failed - product code is empty.' I've tried doing a hard reset (holding power and volume down) and i just ended up with the same thing, nothing changed.

Is there anything I can do at this point, or is this phone dead for good? It's not my current phone, it's my last one, so it's not the end of the world. Just a little dissapointing since I can't use the Technical Preview...

It's a 620

Thanks very much

might be dead. cant say for sure. better keep trying oover and again with the recovery tool. ;) good day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6