Lumia phones showing a sad face during setup of WM10 build .63?

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Both My lumia 620 & lumia 930 had the same issue just moments ago .. the phone keeps restarting after showing the two moving cogs for seconds .. Please please please help me

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

Can you get into the boot loader?

Do a soft reset and then hold the volume up button immediately when it vibrates it may take a few tries. Sometimes for me it's just before it vibrates or right on the mark. Which is pretty weird.... to say the least.

Hold the volume up button until you see Nokia written larger than normal ontop of the screen, not the middle.

Start the Windows Device Recovery Tool and choose my device is not detected, immediately plug in your phone and wait abit.

Post back results.

Also use the Nokia pre-supplied cable whenever possible as that is factory cable.

Once in the bootloader do not let the phone run out of charge and always before flashing make sure your phone is fully charged!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

Do a soft reset and then hold the volume up button immediately when it vibrates it may take a few tries. Sometimes for me it's just before it vibrates or right on the mark. Which is pretty weird.... to say the least.

Hold the volume up button until you see Nokia written larger than normal ontop of the screen, not the middle.

Start the Windows Device Recovery Tool and choose my device is not detected, immediately plug in your phone and wait abit.

Post back results.

Also use the Nokia pre-supplied cable whenever possible as that is factory cable.

Once in the bootloader do not let the phone run out of charge and always before flashing make sure your phone is fully charged!

I will try nw & inform you

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

Post back results.

it gives me one small cog & the big one is replaced by a lighting-like shape

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

it gives me one small cog & the big one is replaced by a lighting-like shape

Keep trying, soft reset and hold the volume up button - it will take a few tries :). Try holding volume up just before it vibrates / exact moment it vibrates. However make sure your phones are fully charged and use the nokia supplied cabled.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

Keep trying, soft reset and hold the volume up button - it will take a few tries :). Try holding volume up just before it vibrates / exact moment it vibrates. However make sure your phones are fully charged and use the nokia supplied cabled.

oh the recovery tool has detected it & now downloading firmware about 1.5 GB :) is this good ??

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yup, if you have any issues downloading the firmware switch to a ethernet (wired) connection if you aren't already.

i've connected to the internet wired already :) but the download is a bit slower than normal download speed but whatever take as it takes the imp is to work eventually !! thank you I will tell you when it's done!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

i've connected to the internet wired already :) but the download is a bit slower than normal download speed but whatever take as it takes the imp is to work eventually !! thank you I will tell you when it's done!

Fingers and toes crossed that it goes well :D.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Awesome, yeah it will take awhile as it needs to reinstall apps from the store as well. :)

yup I have around 12 GBs apps so it will take a while :) but now just it updates to windows 8.1 Update 1 then all the apps from store :) Thanks a million bro!! you've saved me !! I was really in panic as all devices went in all wrong directions suddenly! ..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

yup I have around 12 GBs apps so it will take a while :) but now just it updates to windows 8.1 Update 1 then all the apps from store :) Thanks a million bro!! you've saved me !! I was really in panic as all devices went in all wrong directions suddenly! ..

Anytime man :) and can imagine lol.

I remember the first time when I reflashed my 920 and it went pear shaped.. I was like:

squirrel-meme3.jpg

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I have a question, in lumia 620 when i change store new apps on SD card it gives me message it contains apps from another phone "which is not true" the other phone's apps must be deleted first ?? will this wipe the apps & games progress that should be restored from the backup ??

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

I have a question, in lumia 620 when i change store new apps on SD card it gives me message it contains apps from another phone "which is not true" the other phone's apps must be deleted first ?? will this wipe the apps & games progress that should be restored from the backup ??

Yes, unfortunately it will wipe them.

You could try backing everything up onto a PC / Laptop and then moving things back but I doubt that will work. As like on the PC each user name or each time you re-install + use the same user name a unique identifier is associated to all your files. So without that unique identifier files in place (the registry) it will treat the files as "foreign" files (which is why when you go to set manual permissions for locked file(s) you see rather odd looking username associated to the locked files).

The alternative method would be manually associate the files to your current identifier, however I'm not aware of any such tools for WP yet - as currently the rooting for WP is still in it's infancy.

In terms of cloud saves, some games do utilise cloud saves whereas some don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786