Lumia phones showing a sad face during setup of WM10 build .63?

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Yes, unfortunately it will wipe them.

You could try backing everything up onto a PC / Laptop and then moving things back but I doubt that will work. As like on the PC each user name or each time you re-install + use the same user name a unique identifier is associated to all your files. So without that unique identifier files in place (the registry) it will treat the files as "foreign" files (which is why when you go to set manual permissions for locked file(s) you see rather odd looking username associated to the locked files).

The alternative method would be manually associate the files to your current identifier, however I'm not aware of any such tools for WP yet - as currently the rooting for WP is still in it's infancy.

In terms of cloud saves, some games do utilise cloud saves whereas some don't.

I have tried many times to find the app sources in the SD card but I couldn't ... I'm not quite sure how that will work .... I think I will try again after getting the same build of win 8.1 update 1 that i had before .. may be that happens because change in the ID that the apps recognize there original content! ... i will try again after that & tell you .. otherwise I'll wait to find out I can't easily sacrifice 12 GBs of apps :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

I have tried many times to find the app sources in the SD card but I couldn't ... I'm not quite sure how that will work .... I think I will try again after getting the same build of win 8.1 update 1 that i had before .. may be that happens because change in the ID that the apps recognize there original content! ... i will try again after that & tell you .. otherwise I'll wait to find out I can't easily sacrifice 12 GBs of apps :)

Most likely they are hidden, plug your msd card into a reader and set your folder options to show hidden files.

Top left hand corner in the file explorer - > view tab -> show hidden files + folders, you may have to untick hide system protected files as well.

Prep1.PNGPrep2.PNG

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Did you untick - hide system protected files?

Also did you put the msd card into a reader or are you using the phone as a card reader (plugged in via usb)?

yup I did use a USB card reader in usb 3 port ... i'm not sure about un-ticking hide system protected files .. after finishing the current OS update, I will get the SD from the mobile & try again :) .... I have an important meeting in 45 min from now .. i'm afraid i'm gonna have to leave & comeback later to try out :) Thank You bro .. I'll keep you updated with steps & results of what I do :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

yup I did use a USB card reader in usb 3 port ... i'm not sure about un-ticking hide system protected files .. after finishing the current OS update, I will get the SD from the mobile & try again :) .... I have an important meeting in 45 min from now .. i'm afraid i'm gonna have to leave & comeback later to try out :) Thank You bro .. I'll keep you updated with steps & results of what I do :)

Don't worry about it :) and best not be later for that all important meeting!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Did you untick - hide system protected files?

Also did you put the msd card into a reader or are you using the phone as a card reader (plugged in via usb)?

hello, I have checked back & i found that I didn't un-tick it .. so I did & I managed to cut all the original files from the SD card, I will try to download all the apps again & replace their new files with my old ones & see if it will work or not :) {I hope it will :D }
Lumia 930 has been recovered well, but updates has stopped because of error "MS service is not available now, try again later" & " we are currently unable to check for updates error code [80072f8f] ... I think I will try again later as it has been noted ... or that happened because of a mistake I did that should be resolved!! ... Thanks IN advance :)

Edit: I have fixed the error .. I didn't notice that the time was wrong :D I've updated the time & updates work again :)

Last edited:

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Don't worry about it :) and best not be later for that all important meeting!
Thank You :), L.930 has almost 95% recovered as before ... But the SD card apps on the L.620 Didn't work on the apps I tried to replace its files by the original ones.. But I'm not giving up, it may work on some apps ... I had tons of them lol xD .... But was "Glance Screen background beta" removed from the store o_O? For unknown reason it gives me message it's not available for download!! ...
Other than that almost every thing is getting on the right track! ... Thank you bro for your help!! 😊👌

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank You :), L.930 has almost 95% recovered as before ... But the SD card apps on the L.620 Didn't work on the apps I tried to replace its files by the original ones.. But I'm not giving up, it may work on some apps ... I had tons of them lol xD .... But was "Glance Screen background beta" removed from the store o_O? For unknown reason it gives me message it's not available for download!! ...
Other than that almost every thing is getting on the right track! ... Thank you bro for your help!! 😊👌

Good luck with your apps. If you bought them they will install without a problem providing you used the same Microsoft account you had previously when you purchased them.

Yes, unfortunately glance background beta was removed. You could try using sysapp pusher to get it back.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why are my Lumias showing me a while showing me a sad face [ :-( ] while setup of WP 10 build

Good luck with your apps. If you bought them they will install without a problem providing you used the same Microsoft account you had previously when you purchased them.

Yes, unfortunately glance background beta was removed. You could try using sysapp pusher to get it back.

Yup, all purchased apps associated with my MS account, all went well on both Of my phones :) ... I already tried sysapp pusher and still gives me app is not available error :/

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why are my Lumias showing me a while showing me a sad face [ :-( ] while setup of WP 10 build

Yup, all purchased apps associated with my MS account, all went well on both Of my phones :) ... I already tried sysapp pusher and still gives me app is not available error :/

Yup, looks like it's been completely removed.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yup, looks like it's been completely removed.

Unfortunately, I may use any other software to manually install it in the coming days! ;) Thank You bro for helping me! 👌🙏👍
I really want to know what has caused Lumia 930 to show this error? I know L.620 is weak (but I was testing all WP. 10 Builds on it) when I decided to full jump in with my primary device all went wrong ?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately, I may use any other software to manually install it in the coming days! ;) Thank You bro for helping me! 
I really want to know what has caused Lumia 930 to show this error? I know L.620 is weak (but I was testing all WP. 10 Builds on it) when I decided to full jump in with my primary device all went wrong ?

It's random, some how things just mess up it could be anything from a bad packet to bad luck.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

It's random, some how things just mess up it could be anything from a bad packet to bad luck.

So I guess I had unlucky shot! .. But a least both phones still work 😂

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Guys was anyone of you lucky to upgrade to Windows 10.0.10586.2XX builds?

Tried upgrade to Windows 10 by enrolling into Windows Insider program but upgrade didn't succeed showing sad smiley while being on like 70 per cent of progress.

I was able to recover back to Windows 8.1 by using Microsoft Device Recovery tool.

Any luck that next attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 will succeed or is upgrading totally impossible? Yes, I know that Microsoft doesn't officially support Lumias 620 on Windows 10. But so it does with Samsung ATIV S which I own and which I have upgraded to Windows 10 without any issues.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Guys was anyone of you lucky to upgrade to Windows 10.0.10586.2XX builds?

Tried upgrade to Windows 10 by enrolling into Windows Insider program but upgrade didn't succeed showing sad smiley while being on like 70 per cent of progress.

I was able to recover back to Windows 8.1 by using Microsoft Device Recovery tool.

Any luck that next attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 will succeed or is upgrading totally impossible? Yes, I know that Microsoft doesn't officially support Lumias 620 on Windows 10. But so it does with Samsung ATIV S which I own and which I have upgraded to Windows 10 without any issues.
I'm not sure, but some build nigh not randomly work, particularly on unsupported devices, you might try it and might work!

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site

For the records, next attempt worked fine. The issue was Windows 8.1 Developer Preview.
As you know, you can't get past Developer's Preview once installed. So the last version of developer preview for Windows Phone 8.1 was 8.10.14219.341.
And this is the version that MSFT considers the minimum to get Windows 10 Mobile:
On Windows Phone 8.1 devices that are running OS version 8.10.14219.341 or higher, you can schedule to install downloaded software updates later.
However, it turns that Windows Phone 8.1 DP with build number 8.10.14219.341 is not the same as Windows Phone 8.1 GA released for general public and having the same build number.
So in order to update to Windows 10 I had to flash my Lumia 620 to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14219.341). Yikes. Sounds clumsy.

The worse thing here was that first attempts to flash Lumia 620 resulted in error. I wasn't able to flash the device: it started to flash and then the screen turned black... then error in the flasher tool.

Luckily, when you flash for the first time (provided that there's still running copy of Windows on the device), Flasher tool detects phone's model and remembers that model in its settings.

So to fix the issue with black screen after unhappy flashing, I had to choose option that my phone wasn't detected, then I had to choose the model from the list (luckily there was one left from the first correct detection). And then... after 5 or 10 attempts in a row flasher finally flashed the boot code into the phone. Once there was a bootstrapper, the phone started being detected by Flasher tool, and I was able to finish flashing to the proper ROM for Lumia 620.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

For the records, next attempt worked fine. The issue was Windows 8.1 Developer Preview.
As you know, you can't get past Developer's Preview once installed. So the last version of developer preview for Windows Phone 8.1 was 8.10.14219.341.
And this is the version that MSFT considers the minimum to get Windows 10 Mobile:

However, it turns that Windows Phone 8.1 DP with build number 8.10.14219.341 is not the same as Windows Phone 8.1 GA released for general public and having the same build number.
So in order to update to Windows 10 I had to flash my Lumia 620 to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14219.341). Yikes. Sounds clumsy.

The worse thing here was that first attempts to flash Lumia 620 resulted in error. I wasn't able to flash the device: it started to flash and then the screen turned black... then error in the flasher tool.

Luckily, when you flash for the first time (provided that there's still running copy of Windows on the device), Flasher tool detects phone's model and remembers that model in its settings.

So to fix the issue with black screen after unhappy flashing, I had to choose option that my phone wasn't detected, then I had to choose the model from the list (luckily there was one left from the first correct detection). And then... after 5 or 10 attempts in a row flasher finally flashed the boot code into the phone. Once there was a bootstrapper, the phone started being detected by Flasher tool, and I was able to finish flashing to the proper ROM for Lumia 620.
And how is L.620 on Win 10 ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel