625 screen - Happy with it? 900 owner wants to know..

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a dilemma.

My 900, which I love, is no more. So I am looking for a replacement. I'm familiar with most of the pluses and minuses of each Lumia and have decided that my budget will allow a 620 or 625. I love the 620 screen but it's a bit small. I would like to fall in love with the 625 but coming from the 900 with Clear Black I'm afraid the screen won't thrill me. So here it is...

If you own a 625, what do you think of the screen?

Thanks everyone!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There are three things you should know:
1. The screen is an IPS LCD.
2. It doesn't have ClearBlack.
3. It's large and it has the pixel density of an 808 PureView.

Normally, I'd be fine with the third-after all, I'm used to it.
However, I'd take a look at the 520/521 screen and see if it's okay before jumping on the 625 bandwagon.
If it's fine, go ahead. Nothing's stopping you.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Good suggestion. I have looked at the 520 and the screen didn't thrill me. The lack of an led flash is not good either. I've seen all the phones at various stores but of course it doesn't give you much time to really live with it. I'm leaning towards the 620. Smaller screen but I could get used to it. Most of my 'power usage' and browsing can be done on my tablet. Thanks for your input!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Good suggestion. I have looked at the 520 and the screen didn't thrill me. The lack of an led flash is not good either. I've seen all the phones at various stores but of course it doesn't give you much time to really live with it. I'm leaning towards the 620. Smaller screen but I could get used to it. Most of my 'power usage' and browsing can be done on my tablet. Thanks for your input!
I'm a 620 user and I admit to being spoiled by ClearBlack ;)

I can type fine in the screen, though I need autocorrect for that.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I can say that whatever be limitations. I had 820 it broke than i took 625.
It lacks glance, tap2wakeup and crips display.
But i know how comfortable lumia 625 is, it actually gave me benefit of ₹. 9,000/- by video and music.
I enjoy watching movies, videos.. One disappointment is ram, it could have been 1gb. All popular games are made for 1gb ram only.
But i have Sony PlayStation collection for gaming, small games are still enjoyable.

Sent from my L625

John Fungo

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it is fine. You will notice the resolution difference with other Lumias only when you put them side by side. Watching movies here is a delight too, especially with the loud speakers.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I also moved from the 820 to the 625. No issue at all after a few days getting used to it. Like all phones it has some minor niggles, but nothing that makes me regret the switch. I just prefer the bigger screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz