Resetting a Lumia 625

Chrisb57

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Group,

I am having trouble Bluetooth pairing a Lumia 625 with my motor car?s Bluetooth. My previous Nokia worked fine, but the Lumia 625 is giving problems. The Bluetooth pairing worked first time, however when I turned the ignition off in my car, the pairing disappeared and the Bluetooth connection stopped working.
Now the Nokia simply won?t pair at all. I have removed old Bluetooth ?pairs? from the car?s Bluetooth but still no go.
Has anyone else had this issue? I have a current Subaru that has Bluetooth (Previously worked with my old Nokia).
Do I need to remove the previous ?connection? from the Nokia as well? If so how do I do this?
If I decide to ?reset? the Nokia to factory settings, will I also lose all of my stored phone numbers?

Thanks for the help.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Group,

I am having trouble Bluetooth pairing a Lumia 625 with my motor car’s Bluetooth. My previous Nokia worked fine, but the Lumia 625 is giving problems. The Bluetooth pairing worked first time, however when I turned the ignition off in my car, the pairing disappeared and the Bluetooth connection stopped working.
Now the Nokia simply won’t pair at all. I have removed old Bluetooth ‘pairs’ from the car’s Bluetooth but still no go.
Has anyone else had this issue? I have a current Subaru that has Bluetooth (Previously worked with my old Nokia).
Do I need to remove the previous ‘connection’ from the Nokia as well? If so how do I do this?
If I decide to ‘reset’ the Nokia to factory settings, will I also lose all of my stored phone numbers?

Thanks for the help.

I would hold off doing a reset on your phone.

There have been some bluetooth issues indicated by other users with car stereos. I'm not 100% sure why this is.

The fact that it worked initially and then stopped is a bit strange. Is there a bluetooth reset option in the car stereo? (some have them).

Keep in mind the phone can only pair one device at a time make sure it's not pairing with anything else. The only way your other phone would be an issue is if it's in the car and bluetooth on.

Chrisb57

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
I 'removed' the initial pair on the cars bluetooth, then paired again to get it to work the first time. I have removed the bluetooth from the car again. The car's bluetooth is now removed and shows 'empty' when I look. When I try and pair now with the Nokia, as soon as the Nokia is turned on, the car Bluetooth gives a message 'failed' and just returns to the main menu.

The Nokia phone is brand new so I don’t have any personal data other than phone numbers. Do you know what will be lost if I do a reset?

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
I 'removed' the initial pair on the cars bluetooth, then paired again to get it to work the first time. I have removed the bluetooth from the car again. The car's bluetooth is now removed and shows 'empty' when I look. When I try and pair now with the Nokia, as soon as the Nokia is turned on, the car Bluetooth gives a message 'failed' and just returns to the main menu.

The Nokia phone is brand new so I don’t have any personal data other than phone numbers. Do you know what will be lost if I do a reset?
hi
we u do a reset u will lose the phone data only not SD data if u want to clear the SD also their is a box u can chek and it will also delet SD data if dont chek it only phone data including ur phone nos or any email account details will be lost

Alastair Davies

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 625. This time it is connecting it with a Kia Sportage. I have reset the car and the phone and it will work again for a short time. Normally 1 or 2 calls before it disconnects from the car!

I have put the sim back in my old phone and it works without an issue.

I think Nokia have a problem with this phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)