Before moving to WP8 my phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2. With this I could use mobile data, but when I got wifi reception, the mobile data turned off automatically. I have noticed that this does not happen with my L625 as I have to turn off mobile data manually when using wifi. I was wondering if there is a setting where mobile data can be set to turn off automatically on wifi!
    12-21-2013 11:43 AM
    Let's just say there is no setting.
    However, Wi-Fi takes a priority over cellular data. This is done to ensure that there is a backup for the Wi-Fi connection.
    William Mjema likes this.
    12-21-2013 11:49 AM
    What Traveler said. You'll notice this when an app update that requires WiFi starts the moment you're within range of a WiFi network.
    12-21-2013 11:56 AM
    Let's just say there is no setting.
    However, Wi-Fi takes a priority over cellular data. This is done to ensure that there is a backup for the Wi-Fi connection.
    Doesn't this affect battery use? The reason I need to turn off mobile data is to conserve battery drain caused by mobile data usage.
    12-22-2013 07:04 AM
    Doesn't this affect battery use? The reason I need to turn off mobile data is to conserve battery drain caused by mobile data usage.
    If you really want to you can manually turn it off, but I wouldn't worry about it. It won't affect your battery life that much. To turn it off: Go to Settings > Cellular .
    12-22-2013 11:37 AM
    Agree with the above info - seems windows phone prioritises data, utilising the best method - and wifi takes precedence over cellular. Blackberries and iPhones do the same thing. You can manually turn it off, if you want; ive left it on and am using lte in London (really patchy reception) and honestly the battery life is superb.

In my opinion just leave it ;-)
    12-22-2013 12:29 PM