Nokia sent me one. And I have some answers for you...

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've just heard nokia + portal novelli sent me a l625, I'll get it tomorrow... I saw that most l625 users always say "we want lighted buttons" or "we want glance" or "why no nfc".
I want to answer them,
1] Lighted buttons:
It's a feature that is nonexistent [I have l620]. It only works when screen is on so it's nearly invisible...
2]Glance:
It's a boring thing, have no purpose without double click to unlock, but I've tried it on a 920, It's not smooth, screen just pops out, It should be effectful (like g2)...
Also you can find the same thing in app TimeMe (TimeMe | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States))
It's free and If you sideload it, you'll get live updated clock, but it's glance is good for all...
3]NFC
My operator only has 64k sim [no, not living in hell or using satancell, just in Turkey and using Vodafone] and there is only 40 - 50 nfc pos machines in Ankara, only one is near us, so it only worked for me to share the app "Nokia Camera Beta" with my friends.

However, gonna try it tomorrow (edit: tried, look to my next post).
Also I've 1400 images on sd pictured with my 620 and few apps to install on new, no space left on the micro sd :( :(

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Glance is so you can see the clock and not try to find see those little numbers in the upper right hand corner,
and you can set it to be on all the time or to just put your hand over the screen the clock appears. On peek
setting -which is nice for having next to the bed and just picking up the phone the clock appears, and you don't have to double click anything to see the clock. When the phone goes to lock screen the clock appears for a few seconds on it's own then disappears.
If you want to see the time just put your hand over the screen.
No app has a live clock and TimeMe developer says this:
"Sadly enough, because of unexpected limitations the time only updates every ~40 minutes"

I guess if you don't mind missing your train or appointment by 40 min it's a wonderful app :wink:

Tsarli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to answer them,
1] Lighted buttons:
It's a feature that is invisible [I have l620]. It only works when screen is on so it's nearly invisible...

I think you confuse the word "invisible" with the word "nonexistent".

The buttons do not light up at all. Whether the screen is on or off they remain dark and unlit. Which is what really pisses me off, I mean how hard could it be? All you had to do was make the plastic on the logos a little opaque and the backlight would naturally light them up. No need for extra bulbs or other hardware, opaque logos was all they needed to do.

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Glance is so you can see the clock and not try to find see those little numbers in the upper right hand corner,
and you can set it to be on all the time or to just put your hand over the screen the clock appears. On peek
setting -which is nice for having next to the bed and just picking up the phone the clock appears, and you don't have to double click anything to see the clock. When the phone goes to lock screen the clock appears for a few seconds on it's own then disappears.
If you want to see the time just put your hand over the screen.
No app has a live clock and TimeMe developer says this:
"Sadly enough, because of unexpected limitations the time only updates every ~40 minutes"

I guess if you don't mind missing your train or appointment by 40 min it's a wonderful app :wink:

I've only meant the glance feature...

I think you confuse the word "invisible" with the word "nonexistent".

The buttons do not light up at all. Whether the screen is on or off they remain dark and unlit. Which is what really pisses me off, I mean how hard could it be? All you had to do was make the plastic on the logos a little opaque and the backlight would naturally light them up. No need for extra bulbs or other hardware, opaque logos was all they needed to do.

Fixing it now, thanks :)
Mine has bulbs inside? The screen lights up more on down (probably wrong sentence) but the buttons aren't transparent...

Also,
I've tried it, It's great phone with great functions!
But I had Here Drive+ on my l620 and this has Drive :(
I guess they said "Small screen won't bring much, give free" and also "big screen which is great for navigation, ask for money!"
I didn't liked the Fm Radio, Because It can't keep station names and you need to plug your earphones to listen, just what I expected from nokia *thinking good ol' days with old nokias* :)
I would love to play Microsoft Solitare Collection on my phone, but in Turkey, It gives appresources error (silently) and exits :(
The C.G.G 2 is great but the 480x800 is not so good :( lumia with the biggest screen in turkey, but also with l520 resolutioned screen :p
The camera and flash is faster that 620, but saving them isn't thought :( This makes the faster c. and f. rubbish...
ps. I have kodak 8gb class 4, shall I get a kingston 32 gb class 10? which would be faster? Can anyone try burst shot (hold physical camera button in nokia camera) with a c. 4 and c. 10?

Also I've heard that l625 will get glance and double tap with black, as wpv sais, in india l625 comes black preinstalled and has glance, waiting forward to try it! (Lumia Black brings Double tap to Wake to the Nokia Lumia 625 | WMPoweruser and http://www.winphoneviet.com/forum/index.php?threads/70971/)

Last edited:

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Also I've heard that l625 will get glance and double tap with black, as wpv sais, in india l625 comes black preinstalled and has glance, waiting forward to try it! (Lumia Black brings Double tap to Wake to the Nokia Lumia 625 | WMPoweruser and http://www.winphoneviet.com/forum/index.php?threads/70971/)
hi
i have one from india and i did not get the above pre installed so i think u are wrong here . Im also wating for this update

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Fixing it now, thanks :)
Mine has bulbs inside? The screen lights up more on down (probably wrong sentence) but the buttons aren't transparent...

Also,
I've tried it, It's great phone with great functions!
But I had Here Drive+ on my l620 and this has Drive :(
I guess they said "Small screen won't bring much, give free" and also "big screen which is great for navigation, ask for money!"
I didn't liked the Fm Radio, Because It can't keep station names and you need to plug your earphones to listen, just what I expected from nokia *thinking good ol' days with old nokias* :)
I would love to play Microsoft Solitare Collection on my phone, but in Turkey, It gives appresources error (silently) and exits :(
The C.G.G 2 is great but the 480x800 is not so good :( lumia with the biggest screen in turkey, but also with l520 resolutioned screen :p
The camera and flash is faster that 620, but saving them isn't thought :( This makes the faster c. and f. rubbish...
ps. I have kodak 8gb class 4, shall I get a kingston 32 gb class 10? which would be faster? Can anyone try burst shot (hold physical camera button in nokia camera) with a c. 4 and c. 10?

yeah, the Kingston will be faster because it is a higher class.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos