Unable to delete temporary files from phone storage

amaan07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
i am facing difficulty in deleting temporary files from phone store. After i click delete temp files which is 126.78 MB it just showing deleting temp files in notification bar and after lock screen it comes back on same screen with 126.78 mb still as temp files. I have updated lumia black also. Please help

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Is that 126.70MB really bothering you? Also, you can't necessarily delete all temp files. Some are still used by the OS or other programs you may be using. They just happen to be in the temporary file area.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Is that 126.70MB really bothering you? Also, you can't necessarily delete all temp files. Some are still used by the OS or other programs you may be using. They just happen to be in the temporary file area.
Got 200mb temp files and 1mb free space, so that means no apps and no sync

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
if you really wants to delete then on settings-date change 2100 from 2014, then open storage check, there your all temp file will be around 3-4MB & then after go to date and correct your date
i am facing difficulty in deleting temporary files from phone store. After i click delete temp files which is 126.78 MB it just showing deleting temp files in notification bar and after lock screen it comes back on same screen with 126.78 mb still as temp files. I have updated lumia black also. Please help

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just go to your internet explorer and delete history, then go to search and also delete history then go to the storage check app and clear temp

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
their is an app called storage cleaner on my phone if it did not come u can get it from the WM store it is free download it use it and can delete the tem files

jason10mm

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Damn, that date trick worked! I had 12 gigs or so of "Temporary files", undoubtedly detritus from all my podcasts downloaded using ipodcast. Was getting down to just a few gigs "free", but changing the date to 2100 shrink the size down to just a few mb that I was able to delete using the delete option. Now I have half of my storage back!

PSNewman

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I had 1.78G in temporary files on my Lumia 1520. I went into Bing/Settings/Delete History. Now I have 7.58MB in temp files. Wow, who knew Bing was such a hog? This was after spending time with a clueless Nokia tech support person who suggested wiping my phone.

I got this info from the Windows Tech Support "Help" pages. First time it's actually been helpful. Good going MS!:smile:

preethi b

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i am using lumia 625. I tried to change the date but i was unable to change. Can you please help me and guide me step by step. As i have 309 MB under my temp files and i am unable to delete them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo