Hi everyone!

Today I noticed a strange thing in my Lumia 625. I unlocked the phone and the screen started flickering. Now I have auto-brightness on and I know how screen flickers in that case. This was not the same. You know how sometimes our TVs get a lot of distortion or noise when reception is not good? It was exactly like that. All the keys and functions were alright but screen kept behaving weird till I switched my phone off completely. When I switched it back on, the problem was gone.

Any idea what might've caused this?
    02-25-2014 07:51 AM
    Hi everyone!

Today I noticed a strange thing in my Lumia 625. I unlocked the phone and the screen started flickering. Now I have auto-brightness on and I know how screen flickers in that case. This was not the same. You know how sometimes our TVs get a lot of distortion or noise when reception is not good? It was exactly like that. All the keys and functions were alright but screen kept behaving weird till I switched my phone off completely. When I switched it back on, the problem was gone.

Any idea what might've caused this?
    I know that if I have sunlight readability enabled on my 1020, I usually have auto-brightness on (dunno if that affects it) and I use glance screen, rarely the display will look all inverted and flickery and stuff like what you have described. What I've found out is that this is just a case of the phone sometimes forgetting to switch from the low-power display mode used for Glance Screen back to full power again. Does the flickering going away if you lock/unlock the phone afterwards?
    02-25-2014 11:24 PM
    The screen kept on flickering so I had to power off the phone. It happened the first time and has not happened since then. I'm just curious as to what possibly could be wrong!
    02-26-2014 10:04 AM
    Do you have glance enabled?
    03-02-2014 09:06 PM
    I have a flickering screen too. Mind telling me what is glance? Where can i see this setting? Thanks
    03-25-2014 11:06 AM
    I have a flickering screen too. Mind telling me what is glance? Where can i see this setting? Thanks
    Glance is the low-power screen that pops on when you lock the phone, however you may have glance disabled by default. It's in settings > system and down the bottom under glance
    03-26-2014 01:09 AM
    I use lumia 625. No glance setting. Is this feature available on lumia black?
    Anyway, i found out that the flickering only happens on a low light environment with auto brightness on, if I disable auto brightness, the flickering is gone.
    Hope this help. I LL search more about glance on 625 :)

Thanks for the explanation.
    03-26-2014 08:24 PM