Hi,

I plugged my Lumia 625 into my PC this morning to charge and immediately the spinning cogs came up for around 3 minutes, and then it restarted, having re-set itself to factory settings, I realise there is nothing that can be done to get the information back, but can anyone shed any light on why this may have happened and what I can do to stop it happening again? I have googled and had a look through this forum and I can't see that anyone has had this before?

Thansk for any help

Tom
    03-13-2014 04:11 AM
    If you're up for it you could download a new firmware using this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...very-tool.html

I cannot guarantee it will work but it's worth a try since everything was deleted on your phone anyway.

What the software does is wipe your phone, downloads a new firmware and installs it on the phone. If you have the same issue after that then your phone is messed.
    03-13-2014 05:49 AM
    Thanks N_LaRue,

I'll give that a go if it happens again - to be honest it's my work phone - I use it to take pictures but I put them on my PC right away so nothing vital has been lost, it's more the inconvenience of setting it all up again that I wanted to avoid - and I was just curious as to what may have caused it!
    03-13-2014 08:04 AM