Nokia Lumia 625 no 4G only 2G & 3G

hashan1

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,
I recently bought nokia lumia 625 (Rm-943 apac vietnam 208/please see attachments for more device details) as everyone know, lumia 625 comes with 4G LTE. But my L625 doesn't even have 4G! :angry:
I've contacted local nokia dealer & they told me "sometimes 4G may dissabled on your device, update to latest firmware, then it will fixed. So I update to latest firmware-lumia black (3056.40000.1349.2001). My 625 have every new features from lumia black (drive mode, screen rotation lock, upgraded multi tasking.....) but 4G.
I really appreciate if anyone could help me with this matter (My local dealer have no idea what to do)
please help me, :unhappysweat: :crying: :confused:
thanks in advance.

Attachments

• altAncgZ86cazfd0n9HH_HKvbwHr3XrSVkwYXcr17-P8Cnc.jpg
    altAncgZ86cazfd0n9HH_HKvbwHr3XrSVkwYXcr17-P8Cnc.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 13
  • altAry55AIPjWnMVgdeK4aBjydZqMl9l4lKCjmDD1hnlPHA.jpg
    altAry55AIPjWnMVgdeK4aBjydZqMl9l4lKCjmDD1hnlPHA.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
  • altAm4WqEut-s8byNdYcJ4xG_zXbVlP79gQuw14z9dPE3xK.jpg
    altAm4WqEut-s8byNdYcJ4xG_zXbVlP79gQuw14z9dPE3xK.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 8

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, if there's anything that goes wrong, it probably boils down to your network and SIM. Chances are, the SIM does not support the requirements needed to access LTE.

Other than that, there are some regions where LTE access is restricted for the 625. (Philippines isn't one of them, so I can't comment (^^;)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite sure that my career & sim supports to 4G LTE because my L820 was able to receive 4G using same sim.
Hmm. You must've received one of those phones where LTE is disabled...

Flashing firmware might help, but I honestly don't know what is wrong here. As far as I know, there are 625s with the full feature set, and 625s without, say, the 1080p or the LTE, or some other feature.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Its our telecom ministry or whatever , they chose a LTE band which the rest of the world doesnt use really bad move imo , btw why are u worried about 4G yet? it hasnt even taken off fully yet

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I need LTE so badly. BTW karthik where you from? :straight:

im from Mumbai , India
wbu?

edit - ohh ur country already got 4G and ur phone isnt catching it u mean ohh i assumed ur from India as well
In India 4G just launched and its available in major cities only including Mumbai but its not yet in full scale and sadly Indian Telecom Ministry used a band which is different from the ones in most 4G phones so it cannot be used here unless it meets the 2300 band

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
im from Mumbai , India
wbu?

edit - ohh ur country already got 4G and ur phone isnt catching it u mean ohh i assumed ur from India as well
In India 4G just launched and its available in major cities only including Mumbai but its not yet in full scale and sadly Indian Telecom Ministry used a band which is different from the ones in most 4G phones so it cannot be used here unless it meets the 2300 band
Im also from india (Uttar Pradesh) , In my phone also 4g never comes , it is because im in uttar pradesh or something else?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Im also from india (Uttar Pradesh) , In my phone also 4g never comes , it is because im in uttar pradesh or something else?

both in your case , uttar pradesh doesnt have 4G yet and the current gen of lumias dont support india's 4G band ie 2300 band which is a terrible move on our ministry's part coz only iphone 5 supports it in india
In my case 4G is available in mumbai ,bangalore etc but our phones have a locked 4G band as it doesnt support 2300 band if we flash a different rom and go to another country with a lumia band say USA it will use the 4G band there

prabu31

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 625 in India "059T1M1 RM-941 VAR IMEA IN CV" I don't get the highest connection speed as 4G when I travel to UK or Malaysia when using a 4G enabled SIM. Can I cross flash it "059T454 RM-941 VAR EURO GB CV" and will this enable 4G option? or can I just replace this file "NWP8 simlock 3gstandard bb5 crcA59A.bin" from the Euro ROM to the Indian ROM and flash to the get the 4G option enabled?

Regards
Prabu A

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
D thing is d phone operator ur using doesnt support 4g....for example I am using Tata Docomo . I am from west Bengal India. In my phone d 4g option is also disabled as Docomo doesnt give 4g.. And has not started using 4g yet...

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 625 in India "059T1M1 RM-941 VAR IMEA IN CV" I don't get the highest connection speed as 4G when I travel to UK or Malaysia when using a 4G enabled SIM. Can I cross flash it "059T454 RM-941 VAR EURO GB CV" and will this enable 4G option? or can I just replace this file "NWP8 simlock 3gstandard bb5 crcA59A.bin" from the Euro ROM to the Indian ROM and flash to the get the 4G option enabled?

Regards
Prabu A

You could try flashing a 4G enabled firmware and it may work (all that it requires is a change in a registry flsg somewhere to tell the phone to allow 4G ... But nobody here can guarantee that the flash wont mess something up, although the chances seem to be low of anything going wrong.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
D thing is d phone operator ur using doesnt support 4g....for example I am using Tata Docomo . I am from west Bengal India. In my phone d 4g option is also disabled as Docomo doesnt give 4g.. And has not started using 4g yet...

It is not just the SIM and Carrier... There is also a software setting in the firmware which has to be enabled with a software update.

When 4G was rolling out in the UK on Vodafone, I had a 4G SIM and account for about a week before a software update was released which actually activated 4G as an option in "fastest network speed"

Marc_SR

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
On uploaded images, from first post, it says: Chip SoC version 8227
Is this it?
Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8227 SoC - NotebookCheck.net Tech
Features HSPA+, EDGE, GSM, GPRS, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, FM
No LTE / 4G

On Nokia info page, says differently ( see section: Hardware - > Data Network )
Nokia Lumia 625 - Specifications - Nokia - UK

Does this solves mystery? I'm asking because I'm also in doubt.

p.s. Offtopic
Can someone recommend good app for detail hardware info inspeciton. (I'm new in WP world - didn't found anything good)

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
In india currently Videocon 4G is compatible with Lumia 625 Hardware you can check it out.....Videocon 4G operating Circles Jharkhand, Bihar, West and East Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh......Please NOTE in coming Years may be by end of 2015 we can expect other operators to start 4G compatible for all Lumia 4G Handsets.....

antani1971

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, but I think that the root cause is different.

actually Hashan1's Lumia looks a kind of variant.
Model is Lumia 625H and the product code is RM-943, while if you look e.g. at an European model it will report Lumia 625 and RM-941
And the SOC is different as well, my RM-941 reports 8930 which googlin'around is reported to support LTE.

Together with the SOC findings from Marc_SR, I think we can conclude that RM-943 does not support LTE.
In my case, it looks a firmware problem; I have a Belux model, most probably I will need to cross flash another local firmware in order to enable LTE.
For RM-943 I would avoid cross-flashing since the SOC is different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo