New to Lumia 625

hooded claw

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Morning everyone, im new to windows 8 and have a nokia lumia 625 on trial, can someone tell me how i know what type of network connection i have when using the phone as it doesnt appear to show up on the screen as in most other devices ive used in the past.

Im finding this really annoying.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Morning everyone, im new to windows 8 and have a nokia lumia 625 on trial, can someone tell me how i know what type of network connection i have when using the phone as it doesnt appear to show up on the screen as in most other devices ive used in the past.

Im finding this really annoying.

It shows at the top of the screen where the cellular strength status indicator is present.

If WiFi is enabled it will show that as well as a separate WiFi icon.

hooded claw

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry thats sort of my point, there is no permanent cellular network indicator showing up on my device, i do get a signal strength only indicator (nothing showing whether its E/3G etc) briefly if i tap the the icon to make a call say but that disappears almost instantaneously and i find myself not knowing if i have a good or bad signal or even if im connected via 3G or something else. Is there a way or setting to make this indicator stay on the phone display permanently?

hooded claw

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
It shows at the top of the screen where the cellular strength status indicator is present.

If WiFi is enabled it will show that as well as a separate WiFi icon.

Hi thanks for the reply, thats sort of my issue, if i tap the icon to make a phone call then i do get a brief indication stating my signal strength but that then disappears almost instantly, so i find myself not knowing if i have a signal or not and no indication of whether im in a 3G area or Edge etc. Is there a setting or some way of making the cellular indication and data connection icon stay up on the display permanently?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte