Entirely new to win8 phones,need help which one to buy

Neca94

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone and good day!
Like the title says I'm a noob when it comes to win phones ,and I want to buy one of em so I'm deciding between Nokia L520 and L625(one with 1080p video recording),so,obviously L625 is better right ? Yea i know that much,but my question is which one has a better sound quality L520 or L625 ?(one of the most important thing to me cuz I love listening to music on my phone)
Ofc which one has longer(better) battery life ?
And are there any pre built in bugs in those phones i should be aware of ?(screen issues,sound issues,connectivity,etc.)
How well do both work in direct sunlight ?
And with a pair of good headphones such as let's say(just for comparison) Sony MDR-ZX300 ,is sound good on them or is it low ,bad,and just overall ****ty sound ?
Oh yea and how high is the sound on both headphones connected and loudspeaker ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So many questions.

I do a couple of quick answers but there is one thing you're missing here.

Number one difference - a 625 has 1GB RAM which means you have no issues with apps where as the 520 only has 512MB of RAM which means you have some apps you can't use.

I understand people are obsessed with sound quality but I don't get where you think a low end phone will end up having some top quality sound. I personally like the sound on my WP, however there are some who would complain it's not that great. Every person is different. Best thing to do is get to a place that has active WP devices and try it out. As for loud speaker, same thing. Don't expect great sound out of a small speaker.

With WP8.1 around the corner things will be better with the phones in general. Neither really suffer with any bugs or defects. Battery life all comes down to how you use your phone.

For the best information on both phones it's best to look at the hands on videos.

Lumia 520 Review - The most affordable Nokia Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Nokia Lumia 625 – Unboxing and first impression; video and photos | Windows Phone Central

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So many questions.

I do a couple of quick answers but there is one thing you're missing here.

Number one difference - a 625 has 1GB RAM which means you have no issues with apps where as the 520 only has 512MB of RAM which means you have some apps you can't use.

I understand people are obsessed with sound quality but I don't get where you think a low end phone will end up having some top quality sound. I personally like the sound on my WP, however there are some who would complain it's not that great. Every person is different. Best thing to do is get to a place that has active WP devices and try it out. As for loud speaker, same thing. Don't expect great sound out of a small speaker.

With WP8.1 around the corner things will be better with the phones in general. Neither really suffer with any bugs or defects. Battery life all comes down to how you use your phone.

For the best information on both phones it's best to look at the hands on videos.

Lumia 520 Review - The most affordable Nokia Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Nokia Lumia 625 – Unboxing and first impression; video and photos | Windows Phone Central

I am not sure but afaik, the 625 has 512MB of RAM. It's slightly faster at 1.2GHz but everything else inside are the same.

The 520 does have a loud sound but admittedly, it's not very clean.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure but afaik, the 625 has 512MB of RAM. It's slightly faster at 1.2GHz but everything else inside are the same.

The 520 does have a loud sound but admittedly, it's not very clean.

I'm trying to remember where I got that information from. Doesn't matter. You are correct. It is only 512MB. How sad.

I don't think any sound on a phone loud speaker is going to sound 'clean'.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Indeed. You're not alone though - I also thought it to has a gig of RAM but ended checking it. :)

Not except an HTC One. ;) (And in WP Field, the HTC 8XT, I believe) For now though, I don't know any phone with great loudspeaker other than these HTC phones but honestly I don't care much as I mainly use either headsets or external speakers to hear music.

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
625 has 512 ram. Harder for one hand use. Its hard to tap back button with right hand.
With 625, I had a problem with some of the LED not working, makes some part of the screen looks darker, in my case, bottom right part.
U can try it by changing the theme to light theme, and go to a dark room, wait for a moment for the phone to dim the screen, if you see the screen equally lighted then its ok, in my case bottom right corner was darker, because some of the light didn't turn on.

There's a thread in lumia 625 forum about this, don't know if this common issue or not, apparently I'm not the only one had this.
Returned and got replacement.

Sent from my Amazon Otter using Tapatalk

Neca94

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Guys tnx for the replay,I dont care too much about loudspeaker,I only care how loud is it when I plug a pair of headphones in it ,and yes I have read that L625 has some screen issues ,mainly on bottom right corner so I will have to fully test my device before buying it ,cuz I dont want to get stuck with phone that has a flaw right out of the box instead of good first impression,and I did ask a bit around and even talked with a guy who works for Nokia ,he said that 625 is a lot better then 520,and that it has a great sound ,and if I want to buy a win phone that I should decide between L620 and L625 ,one has good features the other has others ,what do You guys think ?
EDIT: L625 vs L720 which one should I get ?
BUYING TODAY ! NEED HELP ASAP !

Last edited:

Neca94

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Yea I think I'll take 720 ,but I noticed something very odd when I was testing both devices in store,mainly I plugged my pair of headphones(UrBeats by Dre) and they fit perfectly in L625 and sound is amazing ,but then i plugged them in L720 and the audio connector couldn't go fully in ,L720 has a shallow audio jack ,still great sound but i believe if full potential off headphones was realized by going in all the way ,it would be more awesome sound ,and yea when i plug em all the way in sound gets distorted like headphones are broke and they aren't I use em on my Htc Sensation and sound is also awesome (for that phone).
Since sound is very important to me should I go now for L625 or still go in direction of l720 ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6