text messages

jez s

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Incidently I have also had the date and time reset several times to weird dates ans times when the phone has never run out of power . Doesn't seem to be any connection to the text thing

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Top thread dated 11/05. Latest message is added to a thread dated 28/04. That thread stays where is is. Even with a new addition to it it is way down the list.

Okay, threw me off for second because U.S. does date the opposite way. But I get you now. Hmmm.. can you go into the thread dated 28/04. What is the time on the latest message? And is there a day or date listed for today at some point within this thread?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Incidently I have also had the date and time reset several times to weird dates ans times when the phone has never run out of power . Doesn't seem to be any connection to the text thing

So your time and date has changed on your phone several times? That could be the cause of the issue.

jez s

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok. No times but yes, there is today's date there in the text box. But it stays in that thread with the later date. It doesn't go to the top. There are almost no settings to work with in the messaging menu. If there was anything there I would have tried it

jez s

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the date and time is related. Inconvenient, but unrelated I think. There are a few others with that problem. I have sent messages to test when the time is wrong and then when it's correct. Makes no difference

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok. No times but yes, there is today's date there in the text box. But it stays in that thread with the later date. It doesn't go to the top. There are almost no settings to work with in the messaging menu. If there was anything there I would have tried it

Hmmm.. is it only happening to this one thread in your messaging? or several? My next suggestion would be to restart your phone to see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work I would suggest deleting this or those threads if you can.

jez s

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Happening with more than 1 thread. More than 1 network sending messages in too. Have now deleted all threads but this is a poor solution, I sometimes like to refer back to texts as a reference, so now I can't do that.

jez s

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have to say to all those people who view these windows phones as some kind of second coming. You should try out an S4 on Android. It's intuitive and smart, knocks spots off windows.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Hopefully this fixes the issue for good. I haven't seen or read of an issue like it before. Otherwise you should talk with your provider.

:) I love windows phone. And haven't had any majors issues with it. I believe it has a bright future. But everyone is different and each to their own. I find android too complicated for my taste.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
@Jez your last post almost made me think you're trolling. But I think I know your problem. If the dates shift to random dates and times, it means you may have accidentally triggered a soft reset. If you do that, you get old messages returning to your phone as new, but they will stay at their relevant dates. For example, a text from 18/10/13 may return but it'll stay at that date since it,is not actually new. If that's your issue. Then its easily solved, ignore them. If not, post a screen shot. Start/Home button and power button in 8.0. In 8.1 use that same combo and it'll tell you the right one. The forum has facilities to upload pictures as well. That's the only way we can help you

jez s

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I'll try my network provider.
It's a very strange world indeed where when you buy quite an expensive item, you then don't get support direct from the manufacturer. You have to rely on a group of enthusiasts to suggest possible fixes. This applies across the board in my opinion.
Doesn't seem to bother many or even any. Surely manufacturers should bear the responsibility for this stuff?

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I was on T mobile and now on EE and I had random time and date changes with my Lumia 920, running WP8. When it happened all sorts of nonsense resulted, just as you are mentioning. When the time/date changes and you receive a text/email the phone slots it into the thread according to the phone's time/date.

To resolve it, I had to go to settings, date/time and set it manually. I had to do this a few times and eventually, left it to 'automatic' and had to do some hard resets. The problem went away and the phone went back to running normally.

My guess is that if texts are appearing randomly in the thread, then it is because the time/date is changing. Sort out the time/date matter and your phone will sort out the text problem.

Hope this helps...

RebeccaBatts

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem with text messages not appearing in thread and couldn't figure it out. Just seen that you were having the same issue and went and looked at date and time and it was incorrect. Text messages work fine now; directly related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos