lumia black update

Kirolos Edward

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I've just bought lumia 625 and it's on the amber and i keep press on check for update and it say that i'm up to date

so basically i can't update to black, what is the problem and how can i solve it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the device is tied to a carrier isn't it. Is it locked or otherwise branded with a carrier on it? (Like how most AT&T phones in the US have the AT&T logo on it)

It's probably because the carrier or entity responsible for pushing updates didn't do so.

I say you could flash your phone to the unbranded ROM, unlinking it from the carriers update control. (could be dangerous, likely voids warranty)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...h-any-lumia-920-full-amber-gdr2-features.html

That thread is pertaining to the 920, so it isn't going to apply 100% to your phone, but I believe most of the steps are the same.
(It deals with the AT&T 920 primarily, since AT&T took its sweet time releasing GDR2/Amber to its phones.)

The last post here also helps a bit since the OP is looking to do the same thing I mentioned. http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...umia-625-rm-941-mea-change-rom-enable-4g.html

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Its not out yet for the vast majority of devices in most countries. Apparently its only available for the lumia 925 in finland at the moment. If you have an unlocked device you will have to wait for Nokia to release the country variant firmware for your country and device.

sotoy_yuk

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Its not out yet for the vast majority of devices in most countries. Apparently its only available for the lumia 925 in finland at the moment. If you have an unlocked device you will have to wait for Nokia to release the country variant firmware for your country and device.

Do you mean cyan? 😉

sotoy_yuk

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
i know that it should be available for me, but every time i hit check for updates it keep saying i'm up to date! View attachment 70501

Yeah, the extra and info sometimes need to be updated to show the latest os release from nokia e.g. Amber, balck etc
Thats why i told you to download the sys app pusher on the store.
That app can check system software update manually e.g extra and info, network+, etc
After you update the extra and info it should show nokia black

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos