What's the criteria for 8.1 updates, sim card or IP address??

saymen

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
hi,

i really would like to update my 625 running standard amber. no dev version nothing.

i am in germany and i am putting t mobile germany simcard into the phone, as well swisscom, and others which are listed as released cyan update carriers.

can anyone tell me please how to work this out?
all sim cards are working, but it seems its not the sim card. although i am in a tmobile lte network with a sim card. it should update, but doesnt
even i tried it a few times manually.

pls help to help.

thank you

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
hi,

i really would like to update my 625 running standard amber. no dev version nothing.

i am in germany and i am putting t mobile germany simcard into the phone, as well swisscom, and others which are listed as released cyan update carriers.

can anyone tell me please how to work this out?
all sim cards are working, but it seems its not the sim card. although i am in a tmobile lte network with a sim card. it should update, but doesnt
even i tried it a few times manually.

pls help to help.

thank you

It's goes off the ROM and product code of the phone. If it hasn't been released for that particular combination (in my case 620 UK Country Variant) then it won't update. The sim used doesn't matter, neither does region or location.

If your 625 has the ROM from a region that hasn't been updated (for example, Russia), then no amount of SIM switching will let it update.

saymen

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello again,

frustrating. it says here on your link

United Arab Emirates
Product Description Latest version Lumia Amber Lumia Black Lumia Cyan
Lumia 625 Country variant 3058.50000.1424.0001 Available Available Available

means it should be available. but even after manually checking if with a etisalat and a du sim card, nothing is happening.

frustrating.

any idea? am i doing something wrong maybe???

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SIM cards have absolutely nothing to do with the updates the phone receives.

but I don't know what to tell you, we're probably missing something..

saymen

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Manufacturer Name

RM-941_im_mea3_209

is there any way to find out if this device model is on the road map for the update?
it was bought directly in the nokia store dubai mall (which is from the view of a updating priority) the sad part.

thx

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, "mea" means Middle East and Africa I think, but not sure about the IM part. Maybe someone here knows.

Are you really still on Amber or on Black? Without Black I don't think you would get Cyan offered, but not sure why it wouldn't be offering you the Black update in that case.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It might, or you could download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and see which firmware it offers to install for you. If it's something newer than what you have then probably let it go ahead, that will reset your phone too though.

saymen

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

resetted my phone and couldnt update OTA.

with nokia recovery tools it installed black immediatly. then a few more updates and now it shows me to install cyan 8.1

it was just one initial upgrade to black before i could proceed with the rest OTA. i hope there isnt many USERS out there who have to go through this.

thx to all your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb