Nokia LUMIA 625 won't turn on

Junaid Aftab

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

My Nokia Lumia 625's battery drained the other day during afternoon. I put it on charge at night but the phone didn't turn on. The phone vibrates, the nokia logo appears and then it disappears (as if the phone has shut down) and the whole process repeats. I didn't even get to the point where the empty battery sign appears. When I remove the charged and try to turn on the phone, the phone doesn't turn on as if its battery is zero.

What seems to be the issue?

Jordan Kinninmont

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
re:

try holding the volume down button, the power button and camera button at the same time, thats what i did , it did go to home screen for a while before shutting down again. let me know if you find a solution thanks :) dont think i will be getting another windows phone if im honest :p

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
re:

try holding the volume down button, the power button and camera button at the same time, thats what i did , it did go to home screen for a while before shutting down again. let me know if you find a solution thanks :) dont think i will be getting another windows phone if im honest :p

and why so?
ps- own a l625 too

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Try a hard reset... Usually if the battery gets drained to 0% it causes the chip in the battery to sleep. You already applied the solution to that by leaving it plugged in to the charger overnight (it was the FACTORY charger yes? If no, try the factory charger for several hour and see if she boots up on her own)...

Hard Reset is your only other option at this point. Nokia Lumia 625 hard reset

Danny Wilson1

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi not sure if this help but i have had the same problem when i broke my charger and used another charger from a different model nokia it would vibrate then turn off. I then found my usb cable that came with the phone and it worked fine so i think its something to do with the cable

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hi not sure if this help but i have had the same problem when i broke my charger and used another charger from a different model nokia it would vibrate then turn off. I then found my usb cable that came with the phone and it worked fine so i think its something to do with the cable

Yep, different pins get wired in different orders by OEMs. That's why Factory Charger is always recommended for troubleshooting.

Nice Tip and welcome to Windows Central.

Ankita Lal

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Hi.

My Nokia Lumia 625's battery drained the other day during afternoon. I put it on charge at night but the phone didn't turn on. The phone vibrates, the nokia logo appears and then it disappears (as if the phone has shut down) and the whole process repeats. I didn't even get to the point where the empty battery sign appears. When I remove the charged and try to turn on the phone, the phone doesn't turn on as if its battery is zero.

What seems to be the issue?

Adele Brindle

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
re:

mine went off for no apparent reason and i couldn't get it to come back on, i tried holding down all the power/volume/camera buttons and it actually worked!! :O

thar9999

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
re:

I got a Nokia Lumia literally yesterday, and when I plugged it in to the charger it came up with the empty battery icon, I left it plugged in (with the charger that came with the phone when I bought it) all night and nothing changed. When I hold down the volume, power, and camera buttons it just vibrates, has the Nokia logo, and then shows the empty battery icon again. What's the deal?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

I got a Nokia Lumia literally yesterday, and when I plugged it in to the charger it came up with the empty battery icon, I left it plugged in (with the charger that came with the phone when I bought it) all night and nothing changed. When I hold down the volume, power, and camera buttons it just vibrates, has the Nokia logo, and then shows the empty battery icon again. What's the deal?

I'd return it as defective. You already tried the correct solution for a battery at 0%.

grvsharma

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

I followed the same sequence but it just vibrates and nothing comes up on screen. I was just checking my mails and all of a sudden it hung and turned off on its own, after which I tried whatever steps given, it just vibrates and nothing comes up on the screen. Please help ASAP, I don't want to lose my important data which is official.

Pauline Heather

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
re:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU HELPED ME FIX MY PHONE! YOUR AN ANGEL! :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz