How can I change my wifi password on 625?

Hughbythesea

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Cannot change wifi password on 625

When I open 'wifi' my device provides a list of nearby wifi sites (including my own). If I click on a neighhbour's site I am asked for a password. When I click on my own, there is no place to enter a password and I am told 'Connection unsuccessful - your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network XYZ'. Other devices connect to my WiFi quite successfully. I have tried clearing all data on my phone (reset your phone) but still no joy. I may be wrong but it would appear that an incorrect password may have been loaded ??

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot change wifi password on 625

Go to your computer, and enter your routers IP address in the browser. Enter the password. Make sure devices with your phones Mac address is allowed on the network.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

If that is the case, a long tap on the SSID name will bring up an option to forget the network. Try that.

Otherwise, your Wifi must be using am authentication method Windows Phone doesn't support. Try checking router and change it to WPA 2

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

If that is the case, a long tap on the SSID name will bring up an option to forget the network. Try that.

Otherwise, your Wifi must be using am authentication method Windows Phone doesn't support. Try checking router and change it to WPA 2

The title does ask how to change the password, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz