I'm not sure if this question belongs here but I can't find a more suitable catagory. I'm a Belgian Lumia user so my Phone Region is Belgium and my Phone Language is Dutch (Belgium), but I like Cortana a lot so i've changed my Region to United States and Language to English (USA), but now everything in the Store is in Dollars and I can't but anything because I can only pay with my Mobistar Provider... Is there any way to keep my Region and Language in USA but change the store to Belgium?
    12-07-2014 02:08 PM
    I'm not sure if this question belongs here but I can't find a more suitable catagory. I'm a Belgian Lumia user so my Phone Region is Belgium and my Phone Language is Dutch (Belgium), but I like Cortana a lot so i've changed my Region to United States and Language to English (USA), but now everything in the Store is in Dollars and I can't but anything because I can only pay with my Mobistar Provider... Is there any way to keep my Region and Language in USA but change the store to Belgium?
    There seems to be no way for a user to set a different store region from the phone region, since the store automatically detects the region set in the phone as soon as the phone boots up (and connects to the internet).

As a workaround, whenever I have to purchase an app, I switch to my local region (restart), purchase the app, and then switch back to US (restart again) for Cortana.
    12-08-2014 04:41 AM
    There seems to be no way for a user to set a different store region from the phone region, since the store automatically detects the region set in the phone as soon as the phone boots up (and connects to the internet).

As a workaround, whenever I have to purchase an app, I switch to my local region (restart), purchase the app, and then switch back to US (restart again) for Cortana.
    I have considered doing that but thats too much work, and if you arent at home it uses too much battery since you need to restart 2 times and download an app
    12-08-2014 05:33 PM
    I have considered doing that but thats too much work, and if you arent at home it uses too much battery since you need to restart 2 times and download an app
    Yeah, I agree. On the positive side, the tediousness of this workaround should prevent us from buying apps impulsively.
    12-09-2014 01:18 PM
    Yeah, I agree. On the positive side, the tediousness of this workaround should prevent us from buying apps impulsively.
    True, but do you know if your phone is set to USA (so American Store), but you send a download from the belgian store (microsoftstore.be) does your phone receive that?
    12-09-2014 03:32 PM
    Now Cortana is also available in Germany and France. Maybe you can change your region to these countries. Maybe this will work.
    12-09-2014 03:43 PM
    Now Cortana is also available in Germany and France. Maybe you can change your region to these countries. Maybe this will work.
    I dont understand those languages ๐Ÿ˜ž
    12-09-2014 03:44 PM
    Italian or Spanish.? Or change only the region but keep the USA or UK voice. Maybe this works
    12-09-2014 03:57 PM
    Italian or Spanish.? Or change only the region but keep the USA or UK voice. Maybe this works
    Will try ๐Ÿ˜Š
    12-09-2014 04:01 PM
    True, but do you know if your phone is set to USA (so American Store), but you send a download from the belgian store (microsoftstore.be) does your phone receive that?
    No, because of two things: a) I may be able to initially set a region in the store in my laptop/computer browser different from what is set in my phone, but before I couldn't even "install" or "buy" the app the webpage will prompt me with "You can't get apps in this region. Check..." instead of an "Install", "Buy" or "Try" Icon. Clicking on that will synchronize my web store region with my phone region... only then would "Install" etc. appear in the page. The web store region needs to be the same with my phone region before I can download apps to my phone. This means that b) I won't even be able to send an app to my phone from a "different" region.
    12-10-2014 02:56 AM
    No, because of two things: a) I may be able to initially set a region in the store in my laptop/computer browser different from what is set in my phone, but before I couldn't even "install" or "buy" the app the webpage will prompt me with "You can't get apps in this region. Check..." instead of an "Install", "Buy" or "Try" Icon. Clicking on that will synchronize my web store region with my phone region... only then would "Install" etc. appear in the page. The web store region needs to be the same with my phone region before I can download apps to my phone. This means that b) I won't even be able to send an app to my phone from a "different" region.
    Oh, dont have my laptop now so couldnt try ๐Ÿ˜ž
    The problem is, i could buy a microsoft gift card, which i can use on my Lumia and Xbox, but i need te give an address in the USA, are you able to give a fake address?
    12-10-2014 04:50 AM
    There is an app on the store where you can select the region of the app store then go to that region that has apps with out changing the phone region or no restarts...I will check what is called and post back on here again
    12-10-2014 05:00 AM
    There is an app on the store where you can select the region of the app store then go to that region that has apps with out changing the phone region or no restarts...I will check what is called and post back on here again
    Think ive seen it before isnt it like iOS App Store?
    12-10-2014 06:52 AM
    Doesnt work, it just shows apps available in Belgium but you need an American payment method...
    12-10-2014 07:07 AM
    Looks like you have to wait till Cortana comes to Belgium or learn German or French or use a credit card or ...๐Ÿ˜Œ
    12-10-2014 07:28 AM
    I have a same question. I am in US region and want to go to Vietnam marketplace
    01-09-2015 09:05 AM
    I have a same question. I am in US region and want to go to Vietnam marketplace
    Change your region to Vietnam. And after start up go to the store. You should be than in the Vietnamese store.
    After installing your apps go back to the US region.
    If there is an update of the Vietnamese app you probably have to change the region again to Vietnam to do the update
    01-09-2015 09:17 AM