Today I dropped my L625 into a bucket of water. And what I got.......😞

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1.) Turn the phone off immediately. If you keep it on, you risk permanent damage.
2.) Get a bag, bowl, or container of uncooked rice.
3.) Submerge the phone completely in the rice and leave it there for 24-48 hours.

If it's not too late, this is the best way to save your phone.

Arkadeep Haldar

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
1.) Turn the phone off immediately. If you keep it on, you risk permanent damage.
2.) Get a bag, bowl, or container of uncooked rice.
3.) Submerge the phone completely in the rice and leave it there for 24-48 hours.

If it's not too late, this is the best way to save your phone.

i tried to dry it under table lamp for 2-3hours..
there are no other problem except speakers and flash light..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i tried to dry it under table lamp for 2-3hours..
there are no other problem except speakers and flash light..

There's still more damage to be done if water is still in there. I don't think 2-3 hours under a table lamp is nearly enough to handle all of the moisture in the device. The speakers and flash light may just be the first problems you see, more will come up the longer you keep the phone running while moisture is in there.

I highly recommend getting your phone into rice for at least 24 hours. Not trying to be a downer here. Just being honest.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's still more damage to be done if water is still in there. I don't think 2-3 hours under a table lamp is nearly enough to handle all of the moisture in the device. The speakers and flash light may just be the first problems you see, more will come up the longer you keep the phone running while moisture is in there.

I highly recommend getting your phone into rice for at least 24 hours. Not trying to be a downer here. Just being honest.

Yea, 2-3 hours under a light is nothing, stick it in uncooked rice. That's the best course of action.

However, I suspect the damage is done, but do as suggested to prevent any possible further damage.
You can definitely try a DIY repair later. (I had a friend who owned a drowned iPhone 4, and the only issue was the LED flash being on permanently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss