Why isn't my Nokia Lumia 625 turning on?

Joshua Pulido

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 625 not turning on.

I dropped my Lumia in the bathroom, it also get wet. After that i dry my phone. Then turn it on. It show up a lighting bolt and a cog. Search for the way to turn it on and do it, and it works. Then charge it. Later i found my phone restarting itself. But before it can finish it's restart process, the phone suddenly die. Now the problem is I m try to reboot it using the vol(down) + power. but then again before the reboot process is done, it will shut itself again. I decided to hard reset it, but it still shutting down itself, not enough time to press the 4 buttons(the processes for hard reset) consecutively. What now?

PS: When i charged my phone i use my USB cable(that came from the package itself) and Iphone charger. I think my wall charger is already broken.

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 625 not turning on.

The thing which you shoudnt have done is to try to power on your device..! Your device is wet...powering it on..will lead to the circuit board...to get shortcircuited...as it is wet...!
Well now you can try to keep the phone in a warm place and give it enough time to dry up!
Suggestion : Rice soaks up moisture..so put a handful or rice in a plastic bag and put your phone...in in..seal the lip of the plastic bag..and keep it in some warm place.! After 3-4 hours ( depends on how wet...it can take 1 day) open it and try powering it on...it will work unless you have already short circuited it..and hard bricked your device..best of luck..!

Joshua Pulido

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

It worked thanks Kaushik, After i get it in our rice cabin. It is already open so i presume it's already fix. But after i wake up my phone is dead again, i try to open it, but it stop from opening itself. After i came back from school it's already open again. Any advised?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

It worked thanks Kaushik, After i get it in our rice cabin. It is already open so i presume it's already fix. But after i wake up my phone is dead again, i try to open it, but it stop from opening itself. After i came back from school it's already open again. Any advised?
You should charge your device for at least 10-12 hours first, as battery performance will highly fluctuate as it was exposed to wet conditions. try try opening the bck cover of your device and shake it well to see if any water particles still remain jammed in the phone or not!
After all this try powering on the device and watch it...if it automatically switches off there maybe some hardware issue and you might consider taking it to a service centre and explain them the whole thing..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs