Why can't I access my old phone to transfer data to new phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't access old phone to transfer data to new phone

My lumia 625 recently died - the charging/usb port failed and the battery has since discharged. I now have a 640 but I cannot transfer my stuff (contacts, pics, etc) 'phone-to-phone' as the original 625 unit is effectively turned off. Worse, I can't access my stuff via skydrive/onedrive (whatever it's called now) as I've forgotten my Microsoft account details........ Any suggestions for recharging the old 625 fixed battery, bypassing the faulty port, just long enough to allow the transfer to the new phone OR any suggestions for retrieving and accessing my microsoft account would by welcome.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't access old phone to transfer data to new phone

I had hope until the part about your forgotten account info. Your contacts, email, onedrive and calendar are all on outlook.com online, not on your phone.
Do you even know the email address? Try signing in here https://people.live.com
If you have forgotten your password go here Forgotten password and other sign-in problems - Windows Help
Sign into the new phone with your account and all will be restored.
If you can't do that you have to start over with a new account.

On your new phone, push the charging connector straight into the phone and pull straight out to remove.
NEVER move it side to side or up and down NEVER

R5J

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't access old phone to transfer data to new phone

Hi T Moore,

I'm new here, and came across your reply to Guest's question. It's great as I've now managed to sync the contacts, etc.

I have my own query. When my older 625 died (or seemed to, it still makes the same noises just the screen is blank after I changed the touch screen-digitiser for the second time), I had an outlook.com account already with that one.
When I got the 640, at the time I bought it I'd forgotten the original account I had with the old mobile. So I created a new one.

Today I found the older outlook.com and was able to sync all the contacts I thought I'd lost when the old mobile seemingly died.

Now I have two outlook.com accounts. Is there a way to transfer contents from the new outlook.com (photos, contacts, etc) to the old one? So I can then delete the new one.
There doesn't seem to be an import function from one outlook.com account to another...? (Like the import function between outlook.com and Google, Linkedin, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99