I dropped the phone face down and the screen completely cracked. The screen was black and couldn't get to the main screen to input my pin. Up to this stage the phone seemed to be still working as I could hear it trying to receive messages.
    I changed the screen but the problem persists. I can hear the phone turning on but cannot see anything as the screen is still black. I have tried a soft reset but still doesn't work.
    Any idea of what may have gone wrong? Is there another part that could have been damaged when the phone fell?
    I am trying not to do a hard reset as all I want from the phone are my kids photos.
    07-09-2016 08:48 AM
    I dropped the phone face down and the screen completely cracked. The screen was black and couldn't get to the main screen to input my pin. Up to this stage the phone seemed to be still working as I could hear it trying to receive messages.
    I changed the screen but the problem persists. I can hear the phone turning on but cannot see anything as the screen is still black. I have tried a soft reset but still doesn't work.
    Any idea of what may have gone wrong? Is there another part that could have been damaged when the phone fell?
    I am trying not to do a hard reset as all I want from the phone are my kids photos.
    where did you change the screen? Didn't the person changing the screen check that it was working correctly? Try to take it back for repairs -

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    07-09-2016 10:57 AM