navigation app for Nokia lumia 625 with Windows 8

Farkas Istvan

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I use a Nokia lumia 625 with Windows 8. I'm searching for a worldwide working free offline navigation app. I already have Here drive. It works well in my country, but I'll go abroad (to Morocco) and I cannot download new maps for Here drive anymore. Would you recommend me something besides changing my phone?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I use a Nokia lumia 625 with Windows 8. I'm searching for a worldwide working free offline navigation app. I already have Here drive. It works well in my country, but I'll go abroad (to Morocco) and I cannot download new maps for Here drive anymore. Would you recommend me something besides changing my phone?

Well you can use Windows Maps, however that is solely available in WM10 devices.

Here was acquired by a consortium of car manufacturers soo don't expect any support for older devices plus Wp8.0 is way out of support anyway.

There is a risky alternative to switching your phone, using the latest interop tools to flash a compatible rom with the L625. But as I said it is a risky alternative.

Have a look on ebay, you may be able to find a cheap Lumia albeit most of them will be either grade b or c interms of cosmetic damage should you wish to stay with Windows Phone / Windows Mobile.

I bought my replacement L930 (grade b) for less than £50 it has a hair line crack on the screen and beyond that it works fine albeit the wierd bugs with contacts and outlook calender.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa