Turn Off wifi automatically when screen is locked?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Before Windows phone 8.1, you had an option where Wifi would time out after sometime the screen was locked. I liked that setting. The Windows phone 8.1 dev preview doesn't seem to have that option (Wifi remains connected).

Does the 630 (which also comes with CYAN) have this option? Also, curious as to what the OS version on the 630 is.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
They removed this option from wifi settings. Wifi is now always turned on. Lumia 630 is shipped with latest windows phone 8.1 with lumia cyan update on top of it.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Before Windows phone 8.1, you had an option where Wifi would time out after sometime the screen was locked. I liked that setting. The Windows phone 8.1 dev preview doesn't seem to have that option (Wifi remains connected).

Does the 630 (which also comes with CYAN) have this option? Also, curious as to what the OS version on the 630 is.

It was also noted that if you had this feature, your battery was actually dying faster due to 4G / LTE needing to take more to keep everything your phone does updated. ;) So I believe for that reason right there, Microsoft removed it. Why waste more battery doing the same thing?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It was also noted that if you had this feature, your battery was actually dying faster due to 4G / LTE needing to take more to keep everything your phone does updated. ;) So I believe for that reason right there, Microsoft removed it. Why waste more battery doing the same thing?

Actually this contradicts what I have observed/read till now. The thing with modern 3G networks is that you consume no more power when connected to it, but not sending any data.

So during idle, Wifi+3G(connected to network) will consume more power than 3g(connected to network and data also connected, but idle). Still, I liked that there was an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99