I have had it with reviewers. All of them review the phone by the specs and not the functionality or not by the way it was meant to be.

Its like asking a bench player to score 20pts, guard the best player of the team and win the ball game. You @#$#$#$ reviewers darn you.

Review the phone the way it should be. How the manufacturer made it to be. Like its a dual-SIM Phone. How good is it handing dual-SIMs?

- Handling simultaneous calls?
    - Handling on-hold calls?
    - Handling SMS messages? / Email
    - Switching SIMs--- is it easy?

I'd like to know since this is how the phone was designed and not run benchmarks, play games, review photo taken, etc. are geeks really hallow in the head? Its like they are very technical but they lack common sense.

Peace!
    05-20-2014 09:13 AM
    Wasn't L635 the dual SIM, 4G one?
    05-20-2014 09:41 AM
    I think the 635 is just the 4G version of the 630. And there are variants of the 630 - perhaps reviewers haven't been given a dual sim variant to review as yet?
    05-20-2014 09:44 AM
    I can speak only from two days experience ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

- SMS is easy, two separate SMS boxes, tiles, receiving and sending is a breeze

- same applies for calls, in contacts one can give default SIM for dial out.

Also I receive SMS in one SIM and answer form other SIM. Very cool.

Sent from my Nokia 630 DS using Tapatalk
    Games Goblin likes this.
    06-10-2014 09:38 AM
    Some reviewers drive me truly up the wall. 512mb sends reviews crazy but some (not all) fail to mention optimization. 5MP camera in the eyes of a reviewer is not top of the range, the phone costs 100. Some reviewers need to look at price and market rather than specs.

Oo and every review on any device that isn't iOS or Android mentions the app gap, give me a break!

Reviews are the first hurdle and many people buy from positive reviews false information or misjudgement or even not focusing on the actual phone features for the reviewers part is incredibly bad ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    06-10-2014 04:08 PM
    There's a comparison review online comparing the Nokia Lumia 630 against the newest iphone that's 5x the price. It drags on and on about all the iPhones advantages, then sums up with, You get what you pay for... Grrrrrr!
    06-10-2014 04:28 PM
    The way the 630 handles the dual sims is excellent and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can have separate speed dials per sim, I can per contact (and even per number, per contact) specify which sim to use for calls/texts etc.I can have incoming calls forwarded automatically to the other sim if the signal strength isn't enough on the first, and even make this one way or two way...I can also specify which sim to use for data .

I rarely get two calls at once so I am afraid I cant comment on the functionality for holding, transferring etc but the elements of dual sim functionality I do use are flawless so far. Very happy.

Nick.
    06-13-2014 05:29 AM
    How about WhatsApp and Dual sim ?
    06-19-2014 04:56 AM
    Sorry, but I dont use whatsapp...
    swapnilmr likes this.
    06-19-2014 06:17 AM
    Sorry, but I dont use whatsapp...
    You're a rare breed mate
    06-19-2014 07:02 AM
    How about WhatsApp and Dual sim ?
    When I activated WhatsApp, I selected one of the numbers for the SIM cards inserted, and got the code for that particular number. It most certainly uses the entire contacts list (as it is the same for both numbers).

I hope it does answer your question... :)
    06-19-2014 07:04 AM
    You're a rare breed mate
    Don't I know it!, apart from email/SMS I don't really do 'social' (I have a twitter account, and Facebook, but out of necessity rather than choice...)
    06-19-2014 07:30 AM
    I have had it with reviewers. All of them review the phone by the specs and not the functionality or not by the way it was meant to be......Review the phone the way it should be. How the manufacturer made it to be. Like its a dual-SIM Phone. How good is it handing dual-SIMs?....
    Some reviews have the single sim version of the phone.

The dual sim version is not avaible where I am. I'd have to order it from another country.
    06-20-2014 07:12 AM
    Don't I know it!, apart from email/SMS I don't really do 'social' (I have a twitter account, and Facebook, but out of necessity rather than choice...)
    Same here. Unless I have no option to see a company info or some family or friends photos. I avoid it all. Its just data mining, and a distraction from real life.
    06-20-2014 07:18 AM
    There's one feature of WP8.1 no reviewer is talking about is the combination of dual SIM with single Microsoft Account. To be more specific:

When you have dual SIM, you broadly have 2 possibilities : merge the 2 SIMs (typically when travelling or when having 2 operators in one country) ; separate the 2 SIMs (typically: home / work).

The issue is: you have only one MSA by device. It means that :
    a) when merging sims, no problem. On your Microsoft/Outlook account, you'll have all your contacts mixed and it's exactly what would be expected
    b) BUT when using a pro and home SIM on the same device, it means mixing my pro contacts with my personal ones, within the same Microsoft Account.

My father bought a 630 (and he's in the merging scheme), he's really happy with his first WP8 phone, the Dual sim management and all. We're thinking with my wife to get her a 630 and it would be also to associate the 2 sims.

But I'm sure people would want a single device to handle personal and professionnal life WITHOUT having to populate a personnal account with Professional stuff and vice versa (getting Facebook contacts into Professional address book).

Nobody is talking about this small issue, surprisingly.
    06-20-2014 07:23 AM
    Same here. Unless I have no option to see a company info or some family or friends photos. I avoid it all. Its just data mining, and a distraction from real life.
    Hey we're so compatible!, we should totally friend each other, and, like, follow and tweet and stuff

:oP
    06-20-2014 01:12 PM
    Some reviews have the single sim version of the phone.

The dual sim version is not avaible where I am. I'd have to order it from another country.
    On a more serious note, I got the DS 630 from an mebay seller in India for 150 pobble beads delivered (sim free). Two working days delivery! If you're interested I'll dig out the seller's name.....(sorry for the weird post, but it seems if you mention money or auction sites your comments get blocked as spam!)
    06-20-2014 01:15 PM