Nokia Lumia 630 - an honest quick review

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, could you please tell me if there is anything at all under the Audio settings? I mean the Equalizer and all...

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a Moto G on sale @ Best Buy for $50 and quite honestly it puts the 520 to shame. 720P screen, great in hand feel, near stock Android from Motorola makes it operate smoothly, 1 GB RAM, and biggest downside is only 8 GB storage (5 GB usable).

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up a Moto G on sale @ Best Buy for $50 and quite honestly it puts the 520 to shame. 720P screen, great in hand feel, near stock Android from Motorola makes it operate smoothly, 1 GB RAM, and biggest downside is only 8 GB storage (5 GB usable).

and how is this related to Nokia Lumia 630?

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I now have 2 phones on the go and in use (I always like to have a fallback phone just in case my main one has a problem). An iPhone 5 that is 8 months old (a warranty replacement), and now my L630. And with about equal share of usage, they burn though their batteries are almost exactly the same rate.

Which means with the way I use smartphones, neither one is going to last a whole day out. At least I can get a second battery for the L630!

Willy Yu

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
can anyone answer some of my questions?
does 630 has compass? so it has no Glance screen, no double tap to wake, only option to unlock the screen is power button?
does the 2 sims has separated inbox for messaging? so receiving sms will go into the inbox of the sim and won't mixed the sms?
thanks

andorious

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I honestly think its a bit of a downgrade in comparison to the L620. No nfc, flash, same amount if ram, Sam resolution but stretched out, no camera button, no front camera, no proximity sensor, no hardware buttons, I mean all it really has is a larger screen and battery. Even the processor isn't that impressive of an upgrade as windows phone doesn't require alot of processing. THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION SO DON'T ATTACK ME

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
can anyone answer some of my questions?
does 630 has compass? so it has no Glance screen, no double tap to wake, only option to unlock the screen is power button?
does the 2 sims has separated inbox for messaging? so receiving sms will go into the inbox of the sim and won't mixed the sms?
thanks

No compass. No double tap. As for the dual SIM, I don't know, they don't sell the dual SIM version in the UK, but I understand you can choose to have the sms messages for the two SIMs kept separate in 2 Messaging apps, or combine them into one.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I got one of these for ?99 from Carphonewarehouse today. All I can say is for the price this phone is very nice. A flash i don't use that much and front camera not fussed as this is my second spare phone. Anyway for a cheap device,nice screen not all that pixelated,good in sunlight too,camera pretty decent,and most of all speed and performance surprised me and it runs so well. Good one Nokia/MS

WellingtonW

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I honestly think its a bit of a downgrade in comparison to the L620. No nfc, flash, same amount if ram, Sam resolution but stretched out, no camera button, no front camera, no proximity sensor, no hardware buttons, I mean all it really has is a larger screen and battery. Even the processor isn't that impressive of an upgrade as windows phone doesn't require alot of processing. THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION SO DON'T ATTACK ME

The naming is confusing. Its not a upgrade to the 620. Its an upgrade to the 520.

The L620 has a better spec than the 625 (mostly) Nokia's numbers make little sense tbh.

aasd18061

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, which phone do you think is better (faster, easier to use, less radiation etc): Nokia Lumia 630 White Dual SIM or Samsung Galaxy Core Duos (i8262) Blue Dual SIM?

Pistooli

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, which phone do you think is better (faster, easier to use, less radiation etc): Nokia Lumia 630 White Dual SIM or Samsung Galaxy Core Duos (i8262) Blue Dual SIM?

You are asking this on the WP forum, so the answer would be easy to guess. :)

I prefer the WP over Android, and I do love my Nokia 630 DS. It is fast, no lag, and the WP 8.1 is very easy to use.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site

What are you doing here??!!
You are at the wrong building trivor!!!

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been an Android user for over 4 years and have just recently bought the L630 for my personal phone, I must say for my first WP8 phone I like it a lot . I'm not new to Window devices as I used to have the PPC-6600 (Harrier) and PPC-6700 (Apache) and evening went as far as the HTC HD2.

So far loving the following features
* Its Fast and smooth
* Live tiles are great
* Tapatalk on WP8 is so much better than the Android version
* Volume is nice and loud
* Nice and easy to use.

Cheers

Jace
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 630 using Tapatalk

Aldelo Piomica

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I've recently bought Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM and have a few questions.

How long does it take to fully charge the phone to 100%?
When I'm charging the phone I see the battery icon change to the charging one, but then it's blink and become normal for brief moment and become the charging one again. Is this a normal behavior. I feel it take so long (yesterday I charged it with data cable to the notebook and for 1 hour the battery just get up from 40% to 60% my friend suspect that the data cable might not be the official one?)

Thank You for answer. Also do you have and guideline to test the phone to make sure that's it's ok?
I'm new to this forum [come to this post from google search] so didn't have time to see the whole forum yet. This is my first smart phone ever and the warranty of change new product will be over in few day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon