Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

Nitin Girish

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought my mother the 630 dual sim version (one sim for work, one for privat) and it seems when there is no signal for Sim1 (sim 2 has better coverage) it cannot connect to that network any more. Even if there is a signal. I disabled the sim in settings, enabled it again but no change. I changed from 2G to 3G, no change. I set the network selection from the network (the fact that it finds the network should prove that it is there) to auto and back no change. I have a Lumia 920 with the same provider as Sim 1 and I have network.
Only restarting the phone helps. I wanted to trying change Sim 1 and 2 and see if this has something to do with the Sim slot, but since it's my mother's phone I don't want to confuse her which Sim is private and what work.
Does anybody have the same behaviour?

Sorry for bringing up an old post. Did you find a resolution for this?

Seems like my Lumia 630 Dual Sim also got the same problem from yesterday. Phone is not even a month old.

zabruda

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Any luck finding a solution to this? I have tried to restarting and a soft reset. I find with either, you can type a few words, then it will stop working.

Kayla Del

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been having a loading issue since I tried playing final warlords I started out well the instant I start on da second campaign which is camp baylorn or something like that it starts having a loading issue all it does is load and load for about 24hrs I'm not even joking whoever said their nokia phone was working perfectly fine n smoothly is absolutely wrong 👎 especially since I have a Nokia Lumia 635 I better see this game working properly or I'll fling ur phone back to at&t where it belongs PERMANENTLY T.T

Abhisek Das

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I brought a lumia 630 dual sim last october. Everything was working fine till now but suddenly I am getting the same issue mentioned above. I have tried to restart the phone but after 1 min phone shows the same behavior. Its really annoying. Please let me know if you find any fix for this.

Refference:
Issue by User: SledgeHammer
last monday, I bought nokia lumia. 630 dual sim.. and i was excited as its function is okay. no lag. everything smooth..
today i facing a problem with my lumia 630. i cannot texting. just type one word and then "space". and its totally stuck. i cannot continue to type a message.

what is the problem? any solution+ thank you.

skoula

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

im experiencing strange problem with my Lumia 630 dual sim.

After month of using phone starts make high pich sounds. After hw reset pich is gone.

But now ive got problem with copy paste function in calls.

In work we are calling over telephone PBX.

So basically i make a call to pbx number and then paste or dial number which i wanna call.

Before hw reset it was working ok. But now when i copy number from history. And wanna paste number into dialer over paste symbol
when im in call with PBX.

My display goes black when i touch area where dialed numbers are. (i dont know how to describe this.)
My display goes off even when im making call with someone and touch area highlighted red on image.

n630.jpg
I did find out workaround if i switch to speakerphone then i could paste number without that my display goes black (off).

Is this bug or settings, something related to switch of display when you have phone at your ear?

Thanks for help

(sry for my eng)

FW: 01061.00066.14235.36003

Last edited:

Abhisek Das

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I brought a nokia limia 630 dual sim last october. Till now everything was going fine but now a days when i type anything in any messenger and enter a 'space', my keypad gets soft lock. I tried to restart my phone but after 1 min i again got the same issue. Its really frustrating. Please let me know if you get a fix for this issue.

For time being I 'm typing using a workaround i.e close the software and restart it or type a word and send one word at a time...

Hubsi77

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Is really nobody facing the same issue? Is it really related to my phone only?

Hi!

Got my 630 Dual Sim yesterday and have the following problem:
In the menu I can find the message-option for SIM1 and SIM2 ("Nachrichten SIM1" - "Nachrichten SIM2") but for the calls I only can find the option for handy SIM1 (no "Phone SIM2" which is possible in the Lumia530 I also use).

Any idea?
View attachment 85333 View attachment 85334

matthew ashlin

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
ok i got this phone new straight out the box and it dosent even work it just boots up and sits at the start up screen my brouther got the same phone to and his works fine and ive put my sim in

Hubsi77

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
No, it's working on mine. Try checking if the tile is not linked for both SIMs: open the messaging app -> ... (triple dot) -> Kacheln trennen.
OK, it works now! Your hint was not the solution, but it brought up an idea and it worked out:
Tab on the Phone-app->, ... (triple dot) ->, Kacheln verkn?pfen (link tabs?), do the same thing again and then Kacheln trennen (unlink tabs?)
And all of a sudden the tab for the second phone is there...

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
OK, it works now! Your hint was not the solution, but it brought up an idea and it worked out:
Tab on the Phone-app->, ... (triple dot) ->, Kacheln verkn?pfen (link tabs?), do the same thing again and then Kacheln trennen (unlink tabs?)
And all of a sudden the tab for the second phone is there...
I thought about this after I posted, but I also thought you would come to this conclusion yourself. ;D

Asad Aftab

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My messaging app keeps crashing in lumia 630. I open it and it closes it self after a few seconds. I have tried Soft reboot. it doesn't work. Should I hard reboot it? and is there any other way other than hard rebooting my phone?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My messaging app keeps crashing in lumia 630. I open it and it closes it self after a few seconds. I have tried Soft reboot. it doesn't work. Should I hard reboot it? and is there any other way other than hard rebooting my phone?

It may be SIM related. So try it with a different SIM (from a friend or family member) first.

Prvnce Twan

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have this same issue .. Got to the keyboard settings am download a new keyboard that is also english an then switch the keyboad to the keyboad u downloaded

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb