Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

Amanda Gouthro

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a second and Lumia 620 which is in flawless condition and can tell had been handled perfectly. It keeps restarting once i get going into the phone doing things like adding contacts, takings pics or browsing! I I dont know whats going on

anil kumar51

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 630 was rebooting automatically in couple of hours
How to get rid of it. I had already updated it for recently released random rebooting bugfix but it is useless, it reboots even after updating plz help

Starr-Maiden Abrego

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Something happened to my phone last night. It was on the charger, and my alarms didn't go off, I was almost late to work. So I tried to check what time it was and the phone wasn't unlocking. The screen was black like it was dead. It was on the charger so I know that wasn't it. I held the power button down and nothing. Took the battery out, put it back in and pressed the button to power it on. After it finished booting all of my alarms went off. So later on I tried unlocking it but it wouldn't recognize I was pressing the button. I took the battery out again, same thing as before, it booted up like normal but then wouldn't recognize that I was trying to lock it. So I took off the cover and tried pressing the button itself thinking maybe the cover I what messed up but nope, still nothing. So then I tried to screenshot and that worked, so did a soft reset. So it's recognizing all the other functions of the lock unlock button...except for locking and unlocking. Now what? Hard reset? I don't wanna :(

Tushar Choudhury

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
In my Lumia 630 Dual Sim ,When call initiated the phone hangs; it gets stuck. To end the call, and during this time If any one calls me it comes as not reachable/ switched off. Then it has to be turned off, when turned on, there is no call issues for 3 or 4 Hours. And After some time it again show the same problem. I am unaware of this problem until somebody calls me and says Your lumia 630 phone shows switched off.What is the solution for this? I have bought this phone on 1.07.2015 . It was inbuilt Lumia Cyan. At that day i have updated to Lumia denim. From that day i am facing this problem.

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
In my Lumia 630 Dual SIM I can't put SIM 2 Incoming Call notifications to lock screen.
It's not in the list. I can do it for SIM 1, but can't for SIM 2.
I have another Lumia 630 which doesn't show this problem. Is there any fix? Anyone else does have this problem?

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
You could try hard resetting your phone. Pretty sure it will fix your problem.
You will lose most of your games/apps data, though.

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
In my Lumia 630 Dual Sim ,When call initiated the phone hangs; it gets stuck. To end the call, and during this time If any one calls me it comes as not reachable/ switched off. Then it has to be turned off, when turned on, there is no call issues for 3 or 4 Hours. And After some time it again show the same problem. I am unaware of this problem until somebody calls me and says Your lumia 630 phone shows switched off.What is the solution for this? I have bought this phone on 1.07.2015 . It was inbuilt Lumia Cyan. At that day i have updated to Lumia denim. From that day i am facing this problem.

The only solution I can imagine a hard reset would fix your problem, but I don't know, though.

maya ivan

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I bought Lumia 630 today and noticed that Motion data, Touch advanced settings and Device hub wont open in the Settings area. I immediately updated windows and the problem for device hub and motion data is fixed, but I still cant open touch advanced settings. Can you please tell me how gain access to touch settings, it really bugs me now?

Asish Sharma1

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, i have the exact same problem. This problem occurs when i try to swype , the swype does not work,and from them on only one word gets typed. The phone works normal, but typing does not work. Only restart cures the issue, but it comes back again when i swype after restart.

"Just done swype" you might say, but even if i dont, long messages do not get typed as well. While typing a long message, the phone gets stuck and restarts itself.

Gilbert Nightray

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I made a call to my friend and neither of us could hear each other. Then I tried calling again, and this time I couldn't hear the ring too. But my friend picked up and spoke and I lost my balance too. Whats with this audio of Lumia 630 during basic voice calls??

I have same problem too , I have doing hard reset and try another ways .. It still not working , my panel sound if I push the button sound up it just showed a half , I can't hear all of voice .. In call , music and etc.. Please help me.

Gilbert Nightray

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have same problem too I can't hear all of voice in call , music and etc. If I just push the volume down or up button the panel sound I just showed a half , I have try hard reset and I have try another ways and It still not working.. Please help me.

Muravey

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, folks! I'm new to Windows Central. Impressive database for everything Microsoft you've got here!

My phone is a Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM that I bought a year ago as a brand new device in Romania. Back then it ran on WP 8.1 Cyan and it was ROCK SOLID. Both physically and software-wise. The Microsoft OS ran flawlessly on hardware that Android would just fumble with. I was ecstatic! Crisp interface, beautiful keyboard, awesome response. Cheap and reliable. With a stellar camera, powerful speaker and some killer native apps too.

However, sometime early in 2015, the phone updated to Denim. I've been a disgruntled user ever since. Numerous problems started to occur. I will try to list some of the most experience-breaking problems I have to deal with. Do note that all these problems often feel connected - if one of them happens, the other symptoms soon follow suite.

1. Immediately after the update from Cyan to Denim, the phone started to have call dropping issues. Either the other person couldn't hear me or my phone was unreachable, as if turned off. Had to restart to fix it. I'd get one or two good calls and that was it. This problem went away after about a month. Probably some silent update from Microsoft.

2. The phone keeps restarting for no reason a number of times a day. Sometimes when I try to open Photos, type an SMS or send a file through WhatsApp / Facebook Messenger.

3. After every restart, the "new SIM found" notification appears, along with "set it up in Smart Dual SIM", as if I replaced the SIM. All the settings are still there though, so it seems that it's not just a question of the phone forgetting about the SIM after it restarts.

4. A few hours (sometimes not that long) after every restart, the accelerometer stops working. As a result, whenever physically rotating the phone, the screen no longer turns in applications in which it normally should, such as Lumia Camera, Internet Explorer or WhatsApp. Have to restart.

Maybe it's worth noting, I don't know, but when this happens, Lumia Camera takes a long time (about ten seconds) to take a photo after I tap the shutter button. Have to stand there looking silly. Obviously, it no longer rotates to landscape mode.

5. After a small number of attempts (regardless of their success) to connect to Wi-Fi networks, the phone starts prompting a "Your phone can't connect to [...]" error whenever I try to manually connect it to some Wi-Fi. Have to restart.

6. Unexpected app exits or unsuccessful app starts have become mind-numbingly frequent. No real pattern, happens with just about any app. Particularly with Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Video Optimiser For WhatsApp, Lumia Camera, Lumia Creative Suite, Internet Explorer etc. Have to restart.

7. I did first hard reset about a month ago because the phone wouldn't want to sync its Microsoft account to the server anymore, leaving new photos unsynced with SkyDrive and apps outdated. I gave it two weeks of redeeming time before I actually reset it, but no dice. Unfortunately, I forgot the error code (of the 8fxxxxxxx variety) it gave me whenever I tried to open the Microsoft account under settings / emails & accounts. The reset solved that. But just that.

8. HUGE problem (or bucketload of interconnected problems it seems), started today and I will probably have to hard reset after I post this, hoping that a backup will solve it temporarily: the People app either doesn't open or it opens but displays no contacts. As a result (or in relation to this), all the contacts in WhatsApp now display their phone numbers instead of (nick)names. All my media (photo and video) has disappeared from the Photos app. Can still find media sent via WhatsApp if I go through contact / media in said app. Cannot play any sort of video in Internet Explorer anymore. Accounts are shown to be syncing forever in settings / emails & accounts. Restarting and soft resetting do not solve anything.

I have spoken to other Nokia Lumia owners and they've experienced similar issues since the update. One of them had the 520 model. Another hadn't updated out of principle and didn't experience any trouble.

It has all become so PAINFUL that I've looked up methods of reflashing back to Cyan. The Nokia Care Suite (or whatever it was called, tried with both the new tool and the outdated one) only displayed Denim as an option back when I tried it in February. Did go with it, but it obviously didn't fix anything.

Apparently, there is a Polish forum dedicated to Windows Phone and they have a Cyan ROM there with instructions on how to flash it. If it's not too much to ask, please advise in the following order:

A. Does anyone else have these problems?
B. Is there a fix?
C. Will a reflash solve the issue?

Thank you so much!

r-d-i

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
In my Lumia 630 Dual Sim ,When call initiated the phone hangs; it gets stuck. To end the call, and during this time If any one calls me it comes as not reachable/ switched off. Then it has to be turned off, when turned on, there is no call issues for 3 or 4 Hours. What is the solution for this?

I've got a similar problem with the same phone: mostly after calls but sometimes also at random times the phone hangs (i.e. it gets stuck in a state where it can't establish a phone or a data connection). When being called, the phone is unreachable.

I found this to be happening with simcard #2 most of the time so I removed it and with the sim card the problems disappeared (phone is running without any problems for a week or so).

Im not sure whether this is a problem of the second sims network, the fact that its a cut-to-size larger card or of the slot which does not hold the card in place as firmly as I'd hoped.

Thirumalai862

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello Friends yesterday i brought nokia lumia 630 from snapdeal.com . i surprisingly saw about stylish of mobile . But sudden restarts takes place(approx of about 4hrs per restart) when mobile is in at idle condition, and battery drains quickly . THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR GIVE ME SOME REMEDIES
MY PHONE OS IS WIN 8.1 DENIM 8.10.14234.375

r-d-i

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I found this to be happening with simcard #2 most of the time so I removed it and with the sim card the problems disappeared (phone is running without any problems for a week or so).
Im not sure whether this is a problem of the second sims network, the fact that its a cut-to-size larger card or of the slot which does not hold the card in place as firmly as I'd hoped.

Here's an update: It getting more and more obvious that my crashes are related to the very sim card as the phone only crashes if the problematic card is present in any of the slots. I'm currently running a test with a different sim card (also manually cut to size) from the same provider and so far everything works fine. Somehow it seems with the denim update the phone became more sensitive to whatever problem the sim card has. If the different sim card works properly for another two days or so, I'll order a replacement-card and see what happens.

mixedAces

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I made a thread about the issue, but I thinking of posting my issue here as well. Ever since I updated to Lumia Denim (I think it's been nearly two months? ), any sort of calls I made to people with a different area code weren't able to be made or they weren't able to contact me at all. Same going with the text messages. I already tried soft resets and even hard resets to see if it's fix the issue, but that didn't work. I even reset the device a few times but that fixed nothing.

I don't think it's the contacts I've got (since they often questioned if I got their texts or calls and I said not), but ever since Denim, this phone hasn't been much use to me unless calling or texting someone with the same area code as mine.

Muravey

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
My phone is a Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM that I bought a year ago as a brand new device in Romania.

Hi, I'm back! New issue: ALL of my apps have disappeared from the app list (swipe right from tile screen). They still seem to run and provide notifications. I can open the ones that are pinned to Start. Any idea how to fix this? Soft reset won't solve it.

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Someone help pleas. , Neither soft or hard reset nor even attempting to adjust the terminals for battery could bring my lumia 630 back to life for the past one week. A repairer handled it overnight and claimed there is no problem with the charging port, yet it only vibrates intermittently without powering on nor display anything on the screen.

Please help.

Recovery tool is helpless to a set that could not be recognised on pc since its lifeless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo