Lumia 630 lag

madgibbon

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Has any noticed lag and stuttering when navigating around Windows Phone 8.1 on the 630. I've owned a few other Lumia's and they've all been stutter free. Today I compared my 630 to a 625, and the 625 was noticeably more responsive. Could this be a Win 8.1 issue?

madgibbon

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've done a factory reset and made sure OS and pre installed apps are up to date. However the phone still shows signs of stuttering and lag. Given the 630 is a quad core phone I was expecting better performance than my previous Lumia's, unfortunately for me that's not the case.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had slight stuttering on a Lumia 630 I have also had it take awhile to redisplay the Live Tiles when I have navigated away.
I found out what the problem was for me, it was the SD card I had installed. I tried a brand new one and installed all my apps onto it and the phone has been perfect since

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you are using an SD card with your Windows Phone device, make sure that it is rated class 6 or above. Class 10 is recommended.
I use my Lumia 630 with a 32GB SanDisk Class 10 SD card, and have experienced no lag at all.

For people who don't know what difference does a memory card class rating make, the class rating determines the read and write speeds of the memory card.
If the speeds are slow, it will take longer for the data to be loaded in to the RAM memory. Hence, apps will run slower.
This might affect the OS performance in general, as well.

gumblecosby

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes the scrolling frame rate is lower than 8.0. If you are not sensitive to differences in frame rate in general than you may not notice. The phone is fast loading apps and responds instantly but scrolling on the start screen or in apps is not as smooth as my 520 on 8.0. I assume this will be fixed in gdr1.

Note: Using a class 10 sd with one background app enabled. All apps and media are saved to the internal memory.

Deyirn Skysand

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
i dont have lag or stuttering, but my app store app is the one lagging - when im downloading one app and i tap "install" on another, it takes a while before it displays the loading animation and "check progress"

sometimes resuming apps doesnt work and i have to start them over

i tried minion rush and its almost impossible to play it, at some point the game froze, i could only hear the sound and i had to remove my battery to get back on track

i tried to install asphalt 8 airborne and the details in the app store say its a total of ~900mb, on my phone i hav 1.7gb free and on my sd card i have more than 3gb free, ive set my apps to install on the sd card, but when i try to install the game, it tells me i dont have enough space

my phone was the last one in the store and it was originally put on display, so the first thing i did when i got home was to do a factory reset

i have checked for updates and got the latest cyan update
i have installed no more than 20 apps and i dont understand why am i experiencing those issues, please help me out

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I thing that problem with lag is actualy a lower refresh rate of the screen, when you look at official specs of for example lumia 625 that was mentioned earlyer it has 60hz screen just as it is with high end lumias, 630 like 530 or 520 doesnt have this mentioned in specifications so i asume that cheaper lumias have lower refresh rate that makes scrolling seems lagy although Windows phone itself is smooth, sorry for my english

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
also thing is how people define lag, during slow scrolling with finger constantly on screen it feels somewhat lagy but when you Scroll by just swipe and lift finger, scrolling is perfectly smooth, one thing is definetli that pixels refresh slower but it also seems that finger tracking is slower, i thing that its how screen is made and not system issue thus it should be same as it was on lumia 520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon