Slow WiFi on Lumia 630

Heinrao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Dear wpcentral users,

I own a brand new Lumia 630 single sim device. Unfortunately my wireless lan connection is very slow. I can quickly connect to my home network and the notification bar shows the full wifi signal. However, web pages on IE11 take approximately 20 seconds to load, youtube videos wont play, downloading music (xbox music) takes forever and apps take many attempts to install. I have tried soft resets, removing the battery, different IE11 settings, turning flight mode on and off, but nothing seems to work. All other devices connected to this network (Windows 7 PC, Windows 8.1 Tablet, Android Phone) work just fine.

Do you have any advice for me? Or does anyone else experience this problem?

I like the device overall, but this problem makes it very uncomfortable to use.

Thanks in advance!

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Signal bar full is determined by how close you stay with your Wi-Fi router. Signal bar has nothing to do with your connection speed. Of course it will takes long time to open website if your Wi-Fi connection is slow

Heinrao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply. However, this is not helping much. I wonder what is causing the slow Wi-Fi connection, as no other devices I own appear to have such a slow Wi-Fi connection.

Marc_SP

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you get this update? It might help.

Nokia Lumia 630 - Software Update and Downloads - Nokia - UK

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 630 is 01061.00066.14235.36xxx
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings -> phone update.

• Fix for intermittent audio issues during a call
  • Improved connectivity
  • Enhancements to battery level monitoring
  • Usability improvements, such as a fix for calendar invites sometimes not showing for the correct date
  • Performance and stability improvements

Oasis1974

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
From Ireland my self just got my 630. Was messing with settings and turning off stuff to save battery power. Now i can use my phone for text and calls but no internet? When i check Wifi in settings it says not connected but in Wifi it says Wifi On and shows the available Wifi networks. I tryed that update but says no internet available? Nothing to do with internet connecting works any help?
Thanks

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
  • Fix for intermittent audio issues during a call
  • Improved connectivity
  • Enhancements to battery level monitoring
  • Usability improvements, such as a fix for calendar invites sometimes not showing for the correct date
  • Performance and stability improvements
Wow, I just posted a new thread about crap connectivity... however I appear to be on this software release :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos