What I think the Nokia Lumia 630 is all about...

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
What Nokia models do the Nokia Lumia 530 and 630 represent? They look nothing like their predecessors and they have all new designs and don't take any cues from last year's model. I'm guessing that Nokia (or Microsoft) put each one of these models one step back. The Lumia 630 is the predecessor of the Lumia 520 and the Lumia 530 is the predecessor of a 420, if there was such thing. I mean, if you look at this carefully they all do seem to fit in in the category. The Lumia 630 is the perfect predecessor for the Lumia 520. A bigger and better screen (with ClearBlack tech), a faster processor, a SensorCore, natively runs Windows Phone 8.1 (does anyone have any lag problems with this phone?) apart from the usual array of sensors that are missing, it's actually not a bad upgrade.
Again, I think the Microsoft team just stuck the Lumia line one step back to make room for better budget and flagship models. Does anyone agree?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Considering your main focus and rant goes on 512MB ram ? Though Lumia 530 has 4GB on board but you can expand it up to 128GB and fill up your music collection, images and games/apps. If you compare it to Lumia 630 it has 8GB on-board. Both of them have a quad core processor (4 processor vs. 2 on Lumia 520/620).If gaming is your choice go for a 1GB devices. You can not expect bells and whistles in budget phones.

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Considering your main focus and rant goes on 512MB ram ? Though Lumia 530 has 4GB on board but you can expand it up to 128GB and fill up your music collection, images and games/apps. If you compare it to Lumia 630 it has 8GB on-board. Both of them have a quad core processor (4 processor vs. 2 on Lumia 520/620).If gaming is your choice go for a 1GB devices. You can not expect bells and whistles in budget phones.

Well, I don't think that really makes a difference (the processors), seeing how the Nokia Lumia 520 has a dual core S4 Snapdragon, compared to the Lumia 530's S2 quad core Snapdragon processor. Again... These are all budget devices and I'm not complained about the amount of RAM...

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

If you consider the 520 was the best selling windows phone world wide -- the choice would be to make a sub $80 US phone to help increase the user base. So, the 530 has its place in the emerging markets where phones are not subsidized and people utilize dual sims. LTE is non existent in some parts of the world. Most welcome the 530 as it is a giant leap from their previous feature phone. Just think you can get a 520 right now for as little as 45 dollars.

Also with Microsoft merging to a unified development platform, the 512MB may start to become a non issue as developers get more familiar with the platform. Actually kind of stupid of developers not to develop within the 512MB since they are not addressing the bulk of windows phone users. But for those user who complain on here about lack of memory --- cough up the money and get a 1GB phone. You can't have it all on a Sub $60 device such as the 520.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think the new line 530\630's are continuing a path that the 520 started.
From what I have read the Lumia 520 somewhat shook the smartphone world up.

Reading time and time again that low line smartphones finally lassoed hold-outs (such as myself) into the smartphone market.
Seems as though many stubborn users of the cellphone continually balk at those who clutch those fancy accessories as though they were a device allowing them to breath.

What better way to entice us holdouts with something under 100 smacks.
When I received my first Lumia 521, un-boxed it, charged it and set it up I was absolutely amazed.

Addictions start small then eventually grab hold with a vengeance.
For people with high end phones who love tossing money the lower end phones make a great utility or back-up device.
When I get my hands on a 630 it will be my fourth Windows phone since October 2013...

So how many more of me are out there?

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
If you consider the 520 was the best selling windows phone world wide -- the choice would be to make a sub $80 US phone to help increase the user base. So, the 530 has its place in the emerging markets where phones are not subsidized and people utilize dual sims. LTE is non existent in some parts of the world. Most welcome the 530 as it is a giant leap from their previous feature phone. Just think you can get a 520 right now for as little as 45 dollars.

Also with Microsoft merging to a unified development platform, the 512MB may start to become a non issue as developers get more familiar with the platform. Actually kind of stupid of developers not to develop within the 512MB since they are not addressing the bulk of windows phone users. But for those user who complain on here about lack of memory --- cough up the money and get a 1GB phone. You can't have it all on a Sub $60 device such as the 520.

Yeah. I totally agree with you. Developers should at least try to reach the 512 MB audience, seeing how it is much bigger than the 1 GB one. And seeing how Nokia is pushing 512 MB, I think it'll just grow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs