Double tap to wake?

xplozzv

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, this is my first post! I recently got a Lumia 520 as a work phone and found that I really liked WP8 especially the double tap to wake feature, so I bought a Lumia 630 for my personal phone with WP8.1 installed but there is no double tap to wake feature on the 630:(( Why? Is it possible to have it installed on the 630?:eek:rly:

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I think its a major BS. For glance notifications you dont need sensors, so at least they could offer glance. For double tap needing proximity I'm also not convinced. If 630 doesnt have proximity, it has touch screen sensor. If they wanted they could offer both options. 630 is a nice phone and I like it more than my 925 but because of intentional crippling I dont want to buy it.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep 630 is a really nice phone, I use it more than my works iphone( faster and smoother).
But a tap to wake would be cool...but oh well....life goes on guys

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think its a major BS. For glance notifications you dont need sensors, so at least they could offer glance. For double tap needing proximity I'm also not convinced. If 630 doesnt have proximity, it has touch screen sensor. If they wanted they could offer both options. 630 is a nice phone and I like it more than my 925 but because of intentional crippling I dont want to buy it.

If you're convinced that proximity sensors aren't needed for double tap-to-wake, have fun with your phone turning on in your pocket.

Battery will drain with an always-on screen in your pocket, too. Important for LCD screens and phones with tiny batteries.

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
If you're convinced that proximity sensors aren't needed for double tap-to-wake, have fun with your phone turning on in your pocket.

Battery will drain with an always-on screen in your pocket, too. Important for LCD screens and phones with tiny batteries.

Beside WP i'm using BlackBerry 10 device which offers slide to wake option. I agree, this feature has slight impact on battery but not too big and sometime phone can be unlocked in your pocket. Doble tap is safer option for unlocking so I assume it would produce really small number of accidential unlocks.
And I really dont know whi MS has binded double tap with glance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6