SD Card Not Found

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but has anyone any problem with their phone not recognizing your SD card? I have a 32 gigabyte class 10 SD card, but my phone shows not found. I have tried to format the card on my computer using FAT32 (not quick format), and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

languedoctor

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
With the SD card installed, try factory-resetting the phone. I had to do this to get my 630 to recognize the card (which then allowed me to format and use it).

I know, it's crazy inconvenient. But it's the only thing that worked for me. Again, make sure the card is installed when you reset, such that it is discovered immediately when the phone is setting up. If you try to add the card after it sets up following the reset, you'll just need to reset again (learned the hard way).

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
With the SD card installed, try factory-resetting the phone. I had to do this to get my 630 to recognize the card (which then allowed me to format and use it).

I know, it's crazy inconvenient. But it's the only thing that worked for me. Again, make sure the card is installed when you reset, such that it is discovered immediately when the phone is setting up. If you try to add the card after it sets up following the reset, you'll just need to reset again (learned the hard way).

Thanks for the advice, It worked great. The only downside was the fact I had to lose everything I had on my phone. I had the home screen setup just how I wanted it, but it was all worth it!!!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos