Thinking of Getting the 630

apachefreedom

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello out there in the world of Windows Phones.

I'm an Android user through and through and thinking switching to cricket's Nokia Lumia 630
but of course i have a few questions.

I use mightytext while i am at work due to being able to use texting w/o having to look at my phone.
is there something like that for WP?
what would be the best video player ( i use VLC for android)
what would be the best music player ( I use PowerAmp for android)
what would be the best camera app ( I use Panaroma Instra for android)

Battery Life? charging status? with messaging and calls?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm an Android user through and through and thinking switching to cricket's Nokia Lumia 630

I use mightytext while i am at work due to being able to use texting w/o having to look at my phone.

Don't know about texting like that (Cortana can read and handle texts through voice though)
Best video player is currently "MoliPlayer", which has become the VLC of our world, however there is an actual VLC in the pipeline.
Best music player is not definite.
Best camera app varies. Speed starting: Default
Quality + advanced controls (with Nokia Phones): Nokia Camera
Paid, even more bells-and-whistles: ProShot.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm still an android user along with my WP Lumia 630

Android
Music : Poweramp
Video : MX Player
Camera : Stock Camera

Windows Phone

Music : Xbox music player (no equalizer as of now, i'm on the latest update update) , but who needs equalizer in WP the audio playback quality is stunning. I use my Sennheiser, Panasonic, Spny and Philips earphones with it. To be honest i was disappointed in finding out there was no equalizer for 630, as i was used to all the tweaking and twerking of the poweramp full version i had brought for my android (i had different saved configurations for each of my earphones). But after i heard through it i was completely satisfied. I dont know if they will add in an equalizer in the coming updates. Its just a software thing. There is no hardware limitation.

Video : Xbox video player - Plays 1080p smooth as butter.

Camera : Stock app - Insane for a 5MP.(no flash)(performs awesome in lowlight - check my instagram/flickr its in my signature)
You have to keep in mind that a Nokia 5MP WILL DELIVER 5MP, whereas others 5MP will be like 2MP
The inbuilt photo editing app (Nokia Creative Studio) has all that you need to edit the photo.
But if you are into stickers and advanced filters there are countless number of apps in WP store.
720p Video recording
no front cam

Battery - >12hrs only 2g , data on and with average usage.
it will obviously drain faster if you are using 3g (applies universally to all phones)
Charging - fast with the provided wall charger
fast also on pc/laptop if you turn off USB storage when you plug in.

Message/Calling - Insane call quality (crystal clear) as though you are hearing from an mp3 file.
Stock keyboard has built in swype to type feature.
You can reject calls with messages as well with cortana
You an set quiet hours .

Syncing contacts - add your google account into the mirosoft account from the web
Link things such as facebook yahoo google linkedin twitter etc
You can also add these accounts from your phone as well

dont expect heavy games with 512mb ram

when you hear that wp has only 512 mb ram you get disappointed.
you have to use it to experience the smoothness.
Im on 4.4.4 kitkat on my N7 (2012) still experience lags with superior hardware

Thats where the optimization thingy of microsoft comes in.

If its inside your budget go ahead.
i hope this clears all your doubts regarding WP.

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I get better than 12 hours a day on mine, using LTE (push 2 email accounts, regular twitter use, track an hour of workouts a day, fitbit sync/bluetooth on, constant FM radio, some streaming podcasts, etc.).

I get up around 7 and go to bed between 12-2 and am never in 20% or less territory.

It's an awesome phone and I've been thrilled with it. There are a few quirks (things i had/used frequently on my 520: auto brightness, tap to wake are missing), but overall, it is a major step-up. I had problems with the 520 build quality in particular (was using tap to wake because the power button broke), and the 635 feels like a tank in comparison.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa