PC Suite for Lumia 630

Prakash Jebaz

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought Nokia Lumia 630 recently..
hw can we update phone regularly without using mobile data or wifi..
is there any software like nokia suite to connect to computer and
download updates on computer and update from a computer using usb..
Is there any equaliser settings app for lumia 630..and an .mkv player..

Clay Knight

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
With Windows Phone 7 devices, updates via USB were performed via the Zune desktop software platform. Unfortunately, with the discontinuing of not only WP7 but the Zune desktop platform, this option is no longer viable.

I can, however, propose an alternative solution if your computer is connected to the internet via wired connection (I'm assuming it is as you mentioned doing this without wifi...) Bridge your wired and wireless connections on the computer, and connect to your computer's newly-broadcasted network via wifi on your phone. Basically this is turning your computer into a wifi hotspot of sorts, allowing you to upgrade the software.

If you're relying on a public wifi connection to download the updates and then later push to the Lumia, why not just use the public wifi connection to pull the update on the phone directly? Another option would be visiting your local mobile phone store, as many of them have wifi you can use to update the device as well.

Equalizer settings in the Windows Phone 8 platform can be found in Settings>Audio.

MKV files are supported using Moliplayer Pro, however, as a paid option, I'd recommend simply using a free video conversion application such as Handbrake or Miro Video Converter. This will not only provide native file format support but will also reduce the file size. While you obviously want the maximum quality possible, using an MKV format on the 630 is a bit of a waste, as you won't see noticeable differences between the format on the 630's screen.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought Nokia Lumia 630 recently..
hw can we update phone regularly without using mobile data or wifi..
is there any software like nokia suite to connect to computer and
download updates on computer and update from a computer using usb..
Is there any equaliser settings app for lumia 630..and an .mkv player..

630 does not have an equalizer.
MKV files work in the stock video player (havnt tested yet but it should support) VLC player is soon going to be released its free and wait for that if the stock player isnt playing mkv.
I'm assuming you dont have a wifi router at home so the solution Clay Knight provided cant be used.
updates can be installed only via OTA.
Visiting nearby nokia care or the store where you brought it is an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire