Space issue

kilrathi29

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I am new here :)

I want to ask, why is my 630 using 3.62GB for the OS? before the update it used 2.5GB and my mother's 520 after the update still uses 2,5GB. Is it normal or should I do something about it?

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Lumia 925 WP8.1 update 1. My OS uses 3.67 GB. That's a lot. It is a problem cause on my Lumia I got only 16GB no micro SD card slot. Hope we'll find a solution.

kilrathi29

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I kinda hoped that the update 1 would resolve this (I don't have it yet) but it seems it doesn't. I wonder if we hard-reset the phone will resolve this...

kilrathi29

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
It's not that I worry about it, It's that I find it strange. And since I like to know everything about the device I am using(any device), I ask around what I don't know. And yes the use of sd card has saved me :)

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not that I worry about it, It's that I find it strange. And since I like to know everything about the device I am using(any device), I ask around what I don't know. And yes the use of sd card has saved me :)
Are you using storage check or storage sense. Storage sense is much better since it's made for 8.1.

Psichokillah

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why you guys complain about the storage space. Just buy an SD card and enable the features. Problems solved :D The Storage Sense is a great addition, though! :D

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I`m having same problema here... i have 3.94Gb used by "system" and keeps growing and growing and growing ... does anybody know a workaround for this? :/

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I`m having same problema here... i have 3.94Gb used by "system" and keeps growing and growing and growing ... does anybody know a workaround for this? :/

Ever installed a software in your computer??!! Just like that your every app has some root files which will be kept in system memory. When you save game levels or app preferences, i believe it goes to system memory. Don't worry about it.
But yes, you will have a temporary file system that keeps adding up. You can clean it up once in a while. You can find it in
Storage sense > Phone/SD Card > temporary files > delete

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Previously on WP 8.1, it used to be the dreaded ' other storage', while in 8.1 it seems to have been merged with the system files. To check actual details of the storage taken up by system & other, you would have to use Lumia storage check beta.
Currently, the only solutions for the storage problem is to either uninstall apps or perform a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium