I imported old contacts into my new phone. But for these contacts I cannot see the send SMS option and for
    the new contacts that I add manually I can see the Send SMS option. Its a huge problem because when I want
    send SMS to old contacts which were imported I cannot send . I Have to then manually type their number in the
    send SMS option and send it to them. This needs immediate fix . I even called at the Nokia center and raised
    the query but they had no answers .

Similarly if I go to my outlook account on the internet and upload contacts there, from a excel file, these contacts
    do get uploaded but we cannot see the "Send SMS" option .

Regards

Sanjay
    Attached Thumbnails no-text.jpg   text.jpg  
    10-22-2014 04:19 AM
    I tried searching the forum for you to see if this issue had shown up before but I wasn't able to find anything.

I would be best to contact Microsoft and not Nokia as this is an OS issue and not a hardware issue.

Support | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)
    10-22-2014 05:13 AM
    try accessing the imported contacts via the 'People'
    if they have a number stored the text option should come ! :)

if you had accessed the contacts via the dialer then the sms option doesnt come ! :)

also
    scroll the last on this thread

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-461a66294360

"Work phone is not considered a mobile phone, hence why it isn't offered in messaging. You can create as many contacts for each person as you like... Each with his own mobile number. There are ways to do it."
    Last edited by therawkr92; 10-23-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    10-23-2014 12:32 PM
    When I transferred my numbers some of them were listed as home numbers so the option to SMS did not come up. I had to change them to mobile for the SMS option to come up.
    anon8959613 likes this.
    10-23-2014 01:07 PM