How can I rollback from Denim to Cyan on my Lumia 630?

Karuna Nidhan

May 2, 2015
Visit site
rollback from denim to cyan in lumia 630

Hi
can any body tell me how i can rollback from denim to cyan facing lot of issue with calling after denim update , i tried using hard reset used recovery tool but not able to rollback, any help will be really helpful.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to see if your problems with Denim have been fixed since you've used the recovery tool first?

I'm asking because many people's upgrade problems are more from the junk left over and cruft that's screwing with stuff than the upgrade itself.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would agree to xandros9's suggestion. Denim actually significantly improves performance on the 630 so I would suggest performing a recovery using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool (remove your SIM card and SD card before flashing)

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same question, facing several issues with denim on lumia 630ds. Tried recovery, tried updating to windows 10 technical preview but nevertheless the problems remain.
Is there a way to install cyan instead? Since all the problems started with denim update...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to roll back unless you hunt down an old ROM. When you go that, you'll only create more problems when the latest operating system is optimised/written for the latest firmware as well as potentially blocking any future updates.

As before, address your issues and fix them with the latest firmware. Start a new thread with your problems described and we'll do what we can to help,

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Ok will start a new thread

Edit: My post count doesn't allow me to post a new thread. I'll paste the text here and someone might be able to do it for me?

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to create a new thread, the guy who stated this thread has only one post.

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
done, sorry, im just not allowed to post links as I was trying to cross reference other articles where people are experiencing the same issues.

namij27

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
hello Pana and Xandro,

right now i updated my lumia 630 and now encountering software problems like only airplane mode, also LCD suddenly turnng off but still functional home keys cause i can feel it veibrate. i tried to use LUMIA SOFTWARE RECOVERY TOOL but encountered error on dowloading software around 170MB. need answer thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb