Why is my Nokia Lumia 630 sending multiple picture messages?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Why is my Nokia Lumia 630 sending multiple picture messages.

sent txt with photo attachment and recipient got 4 photos within 6 mins of each other. Have tried with other friends and the same is happening. I am being charged for these. New to smart phones so not sure what to do.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why is my Nokia Lumia 630 sending multiple picture messages.

Duplicate SMS (and/or MMS) usually happens when the mobile service provider couldn't communicate with the recipient device, making the system resend the SMS (and/or MMS) after a pre-determined re-send interval. You could enable "MMS delivery confirmation" in your phone messaging settings and take note when you receive the notification message and compare it to when your friends receive the MMS.

In my experience, this usually happens when the system of the mobile service provider is busy, like in the midnight of Christmas or New Year's eve when everyone is greeting everyone else at the same time... those who I greeted received around 10 of the same message from me even if I only sent it once.

You may want to contact your mobile service provider about it, and as soon as possible since you are incurring unwanted charges.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos